autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Aerospace Can Double the Life/Mileage of Your Tire's Tread?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t get why this is so hard for people to understand.^ Anyone who’s used Hyper Dressing on a consistent basis knows that it will penetrate the rubber to the point where it’s nearly impossible to completely remove it because it’s in the rubber.

Everyone saying “303 washes off at the 1st sight of rain” simply doesn’t get it. It doesn’t matter if it washes off easily. The fact that it’s been given the chance to penetrate the rubber is what matters.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here.^
    Are you saying you’d dress the treads on a motorcycle and/or a bicycle? Why the heck would you do that?

Btw for the people going nutts about the idea of applying a protectant/dressing to the tread of the tire... People dress the treads on show cars all the time. I don’t see anyone condemning them.

[note for Custmsporty. That doesn’t mean that literally every show car has tires with dressed treads. I figured I’d make that clear before you take it the wrong way and freak out about it]
    E2K,
    I was implying that if the dressing is going on the tread of a regular car, or van, then the dressing on the tread isn't a big deal because it's not nearly the same thing as applying dressing to a motorcycle's, or bicycle's tread. In other words, no--I would definitely not put dressing on a motorcycle, or anything on two wheels.
    And by the way, thank you for not immediately bashing the idea, and instead choosing to have some fun with it by having an optimistic attitude towards this whole idea of 303 and increasing tread life. Honestly, it doesn't seem that it would work, however, when someone who seems more trustworthy than not says it might work, then at least it's worth a try. Or, at least it's worth a try in my book. If it works, then great, but if not, then oh-well. 303 is inexpensive enough, and at the very least, why not dress the insides of the tires before they get mounted, as in my case (I ordered them through the mail)?
    BTW, the 303 has had a few days to sit, and the 303 that has settled at the bottom, in the center of the tire, is a mixture of a clear viscous liquid, and a burnt-yellow gel.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So, has anybody tried it yet? I have been spraying it on every 3 months or so on my tires for about 6 months. There has been no noticeable difference in grip so, doesn’t seem to be any danger in trying it. It’s way too early to tell if it helps.

My tires are rated at 60,000 miles and I am a easy goer cruiser. Not a drive like I stole it every day driver. Let’s say I get 80,000 or 90,000 miles from spraying around $30 worth of 303 on the tires over the years. Sounds good to me. It may or may not happen but, I won’t know until I try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't. Mess. With. Tires. It's the only thing touching the road and keeping you alive. Even if this were true, there would have to be a tradeoff and I'll bet that tradeoff affects safety. Save your money up to buy good tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Any news to report! 303 is funky product I spray on belts it actually saved one of my kids toy tanks it had rubber tracks that are no longer made they were dry rotted and cracking one of the tank tracks broke I glue them back together then used stapler 30 inch by 1 inch after it dried I soaked them down with 303 and it made a difference like a NASA level difference it made me a hero and I was able to save this awesome toy tank. I used to spray on my tires but don’t any longer if I were letting a vehicle sit in storage I would use 303. But a daily driver tire goes through blooming when chemical from inside the rubber are squeezed by pressure,heat and friction causing the “ingredients” to migrate to the surface. Usually it’s waxes and oils containing that tire companies UV protection.The tires are designed to do this. Blooming is also responsible for tire Brown that the chemical/UV protectant getting beat up by the sun. After I read about this I stopped wasting 303. Still buy 303 by the gallon and use it inmy cereal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Still buy 303 by the gallon and use it in my cereal
    Well, at least you won't ever need to use sunscreen ...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he should just bake them to harden the rubber like hockey pucks. Then they will never wear out. Granted, you won't be able to move either

That moron does not know the definition of "FRICTION"
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Maybe he should just bake them to harden the rubber like hockey pucks. Then they will never wear out. Granted, you won't be able to move either

That moron does not know the definition of "FRICTION"
    I think it’s a bit harsh to call him a moron... I’m not saying he’s a master detailer, but he does alot of car related stuff and most of it shows good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think it’s a bit harsh to call him a moron... I’m not saying he’s a master detailer, but he does alot of car related stuff and most of it shows good results.
    He may have the shiniest most dangerous treads on the road, but if it looks like bs, sounds like bs, ....probably is. If his "process" creates a zero friction tire that never wears, he is a danger to everyone around him.
    You are right, moron was a bad choice of words. Hazard would be more accurate. Simply preposterous
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456