autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass cleaners

I use very hot water with paper towels, then dry with a microfiber towel. Works real good to remove streaks .

Post Thanks / Like

two microfiber towels (low nap side) and a quality glass cleaner...

Post Thanks / Like

I like both the PFM glass towels and the Zap cloth. Don’t use too much product and do a final wipe almost dry with the low nap side.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the Pinnacle Crystal Clear glass cleaner? I thought it was pretty exceptional when I tried it.

Since I ran out of pinnacle I've been using wolfgang Uber diluted @ (3oz per gallon)

Also, those cobra glass towels are REALLY nice, especially when you need to cut through lots of grime or smokers film on interior glass. But on my personally vehicles that are maintained on a bi-weekly or monthly basis the best glass towels I've found are the 245gsm or 300gsm edgeless microfiber terry towels. They are virtually lint free and extremely absorbent. I use a tiny spritz of uber per window and I can do all the interior windows and windshield on my truck with just one microfiber towel. I'm pretty sure there is only one place that sells 245 edgeless but PM me if you want to buy some but can't find them.

5. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It took 13 replies before I agree completely with one. Anytime I clean glass that has not been cleaned on a regular basis I will use one wet (on) cleaning and one dry (off) buffing. On my own windows all I need is one with a spritz as mwoywod describes. If a car has heavy film I would not hesitate to use something like McKee's 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner inside first and then proceed as normal.

Post Thanks / Like

For interior glass I like quality low nap towels but for initial wipe I use a towel dampened with Isopropyl alcohol/distilled water mix (especially if glass is really grimy), followed by dry towel, then another two towel cleaning with either D120 or ONR @ 256:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    How do you like the Pinnacle Crystal Clear glass cleaner? I thought it was pretty exceptional when I tried it.

Since I ran out of pinnacle I've been using wolfgang Uber diluted @ (3oz per gallon)

Also, those cobra glass towels are REALLY nice, especially when you need to cut through lots of grime or smokers film on interior glass. But on my personally vehicles that are maintained on a bi-weekly or monthly basis the best glass towels I've found are the 245gsm or 300gsm edgeless microfiber terry towels. They are virtually lint free and extremely absorbent. I use a tiny spritz of uber per window and I can do all the interior windows and windshield on my truck with just one microfiber towel. I'm pretty sure there is only one place that sells 245 edgeless but PM me if you want to buy some but can't find them.
    I like it a lot- been using it for the last few years.
    I'm just not sure it's the best for interior glass due to the water repellant in it. But the streaking I'm getting could be too much product or not the best towels.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I like Spray away Glass cleaner. That is the best Glass cleaner IMO. Additionally, I will use 2 MF Glass towels. 1 to use with the cleaner and the 2nd to follow up to clean. IMO this works the best FOR ME. Try the Spray Away
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Sprayway and Cobra ww's.

Took me 4 frustrating years, but after discovering & using this combo my life is much easier. (My glass cleaning life that is).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

My take on windows has been skewed by all the people that clean them with a product that 'leaves something behind', I now routinely clean windows (Both inside and out) with these types of products rather than glass cleaners.

I take this to have the logic of: If you try to remove everything and fail, you get streaks. If you try to remove the majority of gunk and use a product that can dilute and disperse what remains, you get what appears to be a clean window without streaks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast