autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

Glass cleaners

Ok, I'm a little fed up with streaky interior glass....

Currently I use Pinnacle Crystal Clear with Water Repellent and a Cobra glass towel. I use this on the inside and out.
    I feel like the water repellent aspect is causing streaking in the inside of the glass.

So my question is- what's best for the inside of glass?

Thx gang!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass cleaners

2 towels instead of 1.

3. Likes KBsToy, Jolakri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I primarily use Megs D120 with 245 gsm mf towels, quick and easy no streaks. Every now and then I use McKee's 20/20 glass cleaner, very easy to work with, just takes an extra minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on using towels and now use Sprayway glass cleaner with single-ply paper towels. I rarely have streaking.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which 1 is the Cobra glass towel? I searched it but I don’t see that specific towel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Which 1 is the Cobra glass towel? I searched it but I don’t see that specific towel?
    My bad- they aren't Cobra brand, just white waffle glass towels.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

A clean towel wetted with distilled water followed up by a dry towel is the only way I get streak free, or a towel soaked in a rinse less wash solution if there's more grime.... I don't even bother with glass cleaners anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. Likes joleyred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    My bad- they aren't Cobra brand, just white waffle glass towels.
    IMO there’s 2 things wrong with those towels:
    1. They’re too small. That towel @16x24”[especially if you try to get away with only using 1 at a time] will saturate very quickly and prevent you from being able to finish streak free when you flip the towel over to dry the glass..

The waffle weaves I use for glass are 24”x36” and can go much longer and actually stay dry on the dry side compared to any small 16”x24” glass towel because there’s much more towel/cushion between the folds. That makes it easy to have a wet and dry side instead of 2 saturated sides after a couple of windows.

2. It’s 80/20 blend. It’s a known fact that a waffle weave of 70/30 blend will dry far better than an 80/20 towel, and that’s why my glass towels [and mostly all of my waffle weaves for that matter] are 70/30 blend.

P.s. NormL microfiber towels can leave a micro amount of linting on glass. Try using a plush microfiber and it’ll be beyond a micro amount.
    Paper towels can be problematic as well unless they’re the industrial kind [you don’t want to use the soft ones]

Spray the towel, never spray directly on the glass. Why? Because overspray happens. Why is overspray from glass cleaner a problem? Because alot of them contain alcohol, and alcohol is known to remove lsp in most cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO there’s 2 things wrong with those towels:
    1. They’re too small. That towel @16x24”[especially if you try to get away with only using 1 at a time] will saturate very quickly and prevent you from being able to finish streak free when you flip the towel over to dry the glass..

The waffle weaves I use for glass are 24”x36” and can go much longer and actually stay dry on the dry side compared to any small 16”x24” glass towel because there’s much more towel/cushion between the folds. That makes it easy to have a wet and dry side instead of 2 saturated sides after a couple of windows.

2. It’s 80/20 blend. It’s a known fact that a waffle weave of 70/30 blend will dry far better than an 80/20 towel, and that’s why my glass towels [and mostly all of my waffle weaves for that matter] are 70/30 blend.

P.s. NormL microfiber towels can leave a micro amount of linting on glass. Try using a plush microfiber and it’ll be beyond a micro amount.
    Paper towels can be problematic as well unless they’re the industrial kind [you don’t want to use the soft ones]

Spray the towel, never spray directly on the glass. Why? Because overspray happens. Why is overspray from glass cleaner a problem? Because alot of them contain alcohol, and alcohol is known to remove lsp in most cases.
    I appreciate the response....

Actually need to buy new glass towels for spring, so any brand you recommend?

13. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I appreciate the response....

Actually need to buy new glass towels for spring, so any brand you recommend?
    I sent you PM.Glass cleaners

15. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast