autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glass cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass cleaners

None better for streak free and clear glass: Nextzett Windscreen Clear, windshield cleaner, auto glass cleaner

2. Thanks Goonie75 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use ANY glass cleaners for interior windshield. I use another brands glaze and works better than anything I've tried

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Armor All Automotive Glass cleaner for a little while. Purchased a bottle to try after watching a few Youtube videos of detailers recommending it. I just ran out and switched back to Meguiar's D120.... wow, what a difference! I used to like D120, now I think it's a pretty poor product. With Armor All Glass Cleaner: 1) I never had streaks 2) It cleaned without any issues

Now, when I try to do inside glass, I am facing problems I used that have all the time: 1) A kind of dry powdery residue is left on the windshield and back window and I have to re-clean 2 or 3 times to take it off. When trying to dry the glass, the glass is very grabby and it is very hard to move my glass towel around. This is especially annoying when I am at full arm extension trying to clean the far side of the windshield or back window.

So I think I will try 1 more product: ONR + Isopropyl alchohol and if that doesn't do a good job (I have read this is the best glass cleaner you can use), I will go back to Armor All, even if it costs 50 times more than D120. It's just so easy to use, I don't need the headache

Post Thanks / Like

Vanev was a guy on here a while back or autopia maybe both hard to say that was working with glass cleaners seemingly always, and he recommended the armor all glass cleaner if I remember correctly

Yes I know they don’t sell it here stuff I would recommend here are sonax and Blackfire. Give those a try although a bit pricey. for personal use they will last a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I useto use a wide variety of glass cleaners and the TT approach for me has been for many years is using a glass polish - no streaking ever and the glass always looks factory fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience a competent product (i.e. Stoner, et. al.) requires very clean towels. Any residual chemicals, including factory sizing chemicals is going to result in streaks. I'm not sure how to wash towels that will be free of all residual chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    My take on windows has been skewed by all the people that clean them with a product that 'leaves something behind', I now routinely clean windows (Both inside and out) with these types of products rather than glass cleaners.

I take this to have the logic of: If you try to remove everything and fail, you get streaks. If you try to remove the majority of gunk and use a product that can dilute and disperse what remains, you get what appears to be a clean window without streaks.
    This is what I have found. Uber or GGRW at 256:1 are making glass cleaning almost fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123