autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharing Some of My "Extras" That Help Me Stand Out in the Crowd

Hey Coach.........how have you been? Doing well I hope.

I especially appreciate the constant communication aspect of your tips.....we think very much alike. When I detailed I would also do something at no charge like get a spot out of the carpet, mat, seat, etc. Whatever it was I made sure the customer was aware of it and that there was no charge. It would be something simple for me but much appreciated by the customer which made for referrals. Teachers and real estate agents ate this up and would receive a free wash & spray wax for X many referrals that hired my services.
    Rick....now in North Texas

2. Likes Coach Steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharing Some of My "Extras" That Help Me Stand Out in the Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Hey Coach.........how have you been? Doing well I hope.

I especially appreciate the constant communication aspect of your tips.....we think very much alike. When I detailed I would also do something at no charge like get a spot out of the carpet, mat, seat, etc. Whatever it was I made sure the customer was aware of it and that there was no charge. It would be something simple for me but much appreciated by the customer which made for referrals. Teachers and real estate agents ate this up and would receive a free wash & spray wax for X many referrals that hired my services.
    Hey Rick, I've been good, thanks for asking.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words in your replies.

Another thing I do is check the tire pressure of the spare tire, if present. Over half of them are under inflated. Some of them are completely flat.

In one of the replies, someone mentioned checking various things and alerting the owner about them.
    Yesterday, I did a 2010 Lexus for an elderly couple that has been extremely well maintained. Aside from some swirls and couple of rock chips in the clear bra, the car looked brand new.
    While doing the wheels, I noticed slight cracking beginning to appear on the edge of the tires. I checked the date code and sure enough, they were the original tires.
    The car only had 36K miles on it and the tires showed very little signs of wear but, they're 8 years old and have reached the end of their service life which means the structural integrity has decayed to the point that they are no longer safe especially on turns at highway speed and hard braking.
    I brought this to the owner's attention and noted it on his invoice.
    He called me this morning to thank me for caring enough to alerting him to the potentially danderous issue and to let me know he was at the tire shop having new ones installed as we spoke.
    This seemingly mundane, normal, everyday heads up item I brought to his attention was important enough to him that he acted immediately to fix it and will always be remembered by him as a caring act by me that will translate to him recommending me to other retirees in their social circles.
    It's the little things

4. Likes Hammer77, SWETM, RTexasF liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12