autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Broke the Neck of My Foam Cannon Bottle.... AGAIN!! (Awesome Replacement Tip/Trick!)

So, as the title says, I broke the neck of the bottle to my foam cannon again due to carelessness and not paying attention. I left the bottle sitting upright with the foamer attached and full, all ready to attach to my PW and the hose shifted and knocked it over breaking the brittle neck.
    This is getting expensive!

Now, I don't know if you've ever noticed but the bottle looks a lot like the big bottle of Tresemme shampoo/conditioner - I mean A LOT!! Turns out, I just happened to have said bottle in my bathroom. So, to satisfy my curiosity, I retrieved the bottle, unscrewed the broken piece of neck out of the foamer, and proceeded to attach the foamer to the Tresemme bottle and by God, it's a perfect fit!
    My thought process began to run through the path the water takes after leaving the pump and I immediately thought the thinner, more flexible shampoo bottle wouldn't withstand the pressure of the water flowing through it but, I was wrong. It worked like a charm!
    So, if you should break the neck on your bottle, you can use a Tresemme bottle as a replacement until you get a real bottle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Broke the Neck of My Foam Cannon Bottle.... AGAIN!! (Awesome Replacement Tip/Trick!)-tresemme-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broke the Neck of My Foam Cannon Bottle.... AGAIN!! (Awesome Replacement Tip/Trick!)

For that style of foam Cannon, I really like the 36oz bottle with the dilution ratios on it. Nice wide bottom so it doesn't tip over also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broke the Neck of My Foam Cannon Bottle.... AGAIN!! (Awesome Replacement Tip/Trick!)

nice, ive seen a few now where people are using bottles of Jack or crown and they look awesome

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this thread. What a great idea or find!!! I cannot tell from the angle in the picture, but would you mind telling me which size Tresemme bottle this is?

And since I have brought this up......do all of the typical foam cannons (all of the ones that won't stand up on their own) have the same thread on the neck ??? and does anyone know what that thread size might be?

thanks,

Steven

Post Thanks / Like

You can use any bottle you want. The threds are pretty much universal.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if this helps, but it’s what i do. My craftsman power washer came with a bottle holder. I’m sure you can buy the holder separately from other vendors. It’ll keep your bottle secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    I don’t know if this helps, but it’s what i do. My craftsman power washer came with a bottle holder. I’m sure you can buy the holder separately from other vendors. It’ll keep your bottle secure.

That's a good idea. A bottle holder for bicycles would probably work perfectly and they are easy to find.

Post Thanks / Like

if i use my foam cannon (and foam gun), i fill it up with water and flush it out so no soap residue is left inside which can potentially clog it up. overt time the plastic threads on the bottles tend to get brittle and can rip/break off (even if your were to drop it), so i don't attach the foam cannon to it while it's stored. if you need another bottle for the foam cannon, try using a standard secondary 32oz. bottle, they pretty much all have the same 28/400 neck threading which will work most of the time...

p.s. hopefully the Wife didn't get mad at you for using the bottle unless it was already close to empty... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a cheapy cannon from the A and even though it wasn’t that good and bought a pf22. The nice part tho is the top of the bottle is brass threads and all. Pretty sturdy too.