autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II

Menzerna Professional Polishes Key: Name/ Number/Formula/ Polish Type/Cut / Gloss

1. Power Gloss (POS 34A) 22984 Compound will remove 1000 grit, cut 5.0 - gloss 1.5, 1500 – 1800 RPM - LC Purple Foamed Wool, Yellow (A hard / dense foam composition (40 PPI) abrasive cutting action) or Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) CCS foam pads

2. Final Polish (PO85RE) Finishing 22972 will remove 3500 grit, cut 2.0 - gloss 5.0, 1200 RPM -White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) or a Blue (finessing) LC CCS foam pad

Notes -Both Super Intensive Polish (SIP) and Nano Polish (106FF) were formulated for Ceramiclear paints, the micro diminishing abrasives are milled finer and much harder, and also contain a higher abrasive content, 7% were as the other polishes contain 3% abrasives.

All Menzerna’s polishes can be used on any isocyanate polyurethane (conventional clear coats) these polishes are very intolerant of silicone oils as they will cause surface smearing. (I use Optimum- Hyper Compound, and Hi Temp - Heavy when in sun (but not direct sunlight)
    (See also Surface Preparation)

3. Super Intensive Polish (PO83Q) Polish 22923 - will remove 2000 grit, cut 3.5 – gloss 3.0, 1300 RPM - primed Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pads SIP followed by 106FFP then 85FP for an amazing finish on a black car

[B]Power Finish (PO203S) - ''' will remove 2500 grit, cut 0.0- gloss 0.0, 1500 RPM - primed Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action)or a White primed (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) this is a a one-step scratch remover and polish

4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 This polish is formulated with very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives so they don’t require much friction to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring, for LSP ready use a primed White polishing (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) followed by a Blue finishing LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO106FA) Finishing 22911 the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) followed by a Blue finishing LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

6. Finishing Touch Glaze (PO115CQ) - is a water-based emulsion comprising glycerine, mineral oils and kaolin (China clay). The mineral oils enhance the wetness and depth of the finish, particularly on darker coloured cars, while the kaolin fills and masks minor swirl marks and other flaws. It does not contain any abrasives or cleaning agents. It is designed to improve the brilliance and clarity of painted surfaces, and mask or visually reduce the extent of any imperfections for use in the event that by removing very deep scratches, or when a paint gauge indicates a very thin clear coat paint surface, further use of abrasives would compromise the clear coat

7. Top Inspection (PP95) – use to inspect your work, use this water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding and any lubricating oils so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint. However this is not the product you want to clay with or use to wipe down the car with after a wash, or use as a quick detailer (QD) as it will remove your wax / sealant (See also Silicone Removal, Surface Preparation)

Slow Hand method - (apologies to Eric C) using a random orbital polisher, Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA or Nano Polish 105FF) and a LC White VC or CCS foam pad - this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that allows for a consistent breakdown and thus a consistent micro marring free finish when used - Start at speed # 4, move the pad slowly across the area, then speed # 5, without any pressure, when the polish starts to go clear, spray the pad with distilled water, reduce to speed # 4, then spray pad again, and then increase to speed # 5 and apply pressure.

Apply polish at a machine linear speed (MLS) of approximately 0.25 to 0.5-inch per second. Regardless of the polish you choose, ensure that you keep your work area small, around 18- Inch by 18-inch panel (hence ‘slow hand’) Finely burnish paint surface using an ultra-fine (100 PPI) finishing, primed foam pad (LC Black Finessing CCS Foam pad) this method is time consuming but the results are well worthwhile.

TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved
    Last edited by TOGWT; 09-17-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Power Finish added

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II

Wow this is great

Did u write this TOGWT?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you kindly TOGWT.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone has done their homework here. Thanks Again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldan View Post
    Wow this is great

Did u write this TOGWT?
    Yes; see TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again Jon.
    I only see 105FF in your posts. Is it right or is it a mistake and you're talking about 106FF?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    Yes; see TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

Have you or are you writing a book?

Do you have all of your writings compiled into one post?

VERY impressed, u on autopia?

sorry for all questions

Post Thanks / Like

Jon, thank you, thank you, thank you, for selflessly sharing with the community!

Post Thanks / Like

Dieseldan;161877]
    1. Have you or are you writing a book? Yes
    2. Do you have all of your writings compiled into one post? No the book contains 300+ pages
    3. VERY impressed. Thank you
    4. Are you on Autopia- No

“Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist"– by Jon Miller aka TOGWT™

I hope to have it for sale on my website TOGWT.com end January - early February 2008

This collection of answers to detailing problems and technical information was used for about five plus years to answer questions on various forums, I then decided to put all the information in a 300 + page book form and e-publish it as a definitive guide to automobile detailing, and for less than the price of a quality Carnauba wax.

It's not just a How it works, but also a “Why” it works, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology. I try to write in a way that helps the reader to understand not only "How" to do something, but "Why" they are doing it, along with the technical, scientific facts along with any relevant chemical information, but if you’ve read any of my forum posts / threads you'll already understand just what I mean

The purpose of this book is to show you various ways, utilizing various skills and experience levels, on how to retrieve the original or better appearance / finish to your vehicles bodywork and its interior and how to preserve and maintain it, along with product recommendations and there correct application methods.

Well, while I’m certainly not a subject-matter expert, much less a guru; I don’t mind sharing the knowledge I have gained from almost five decades of detailing experience, the insights from my profession as a Chemical Engineer, and the research carried out in order to compile a detailing reference book.

I would strongly suggest that you verify any information that I or anyone else shares with you.

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait!! ill be the first to order
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast