autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II

Jon, I am looking forward to the book. Thank you once again!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your confidence in me by making this a 'sticky'.

Be aware that I don’t manufacture, sell or have any vested interest in any of the products mentioned; other manufacturers products may work equally well. I have tested the products mentioned and have found that they will perform the task more than adequately using the methodology and tools cited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maesal View Post
    Thank you again Jon.
    I only see 105FF in your posts. Is it right or is it a mistake and you're talking about 106FF?
    4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action )LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO105FA) the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It
    will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pad, 1100 RPM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action )LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO105FA) the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It
    will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pad, 1100 RPM.
    I'm a bit puzzled Jon, I used in the past Final Finish 106FF and nowadays I use a lot 106FA, but never heard about any 105XX.
    Here the product info in the Menzerna web. It doesn't appear 106FF because it is outdated, it just appears the 106FA.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit puzzled Jon, I used in the past Final Finish 106FF and nowadays I use a lot 106FA, but never heard about any 105XX.
    Here the product info in the Menzerna web. It doesn't appear 106FF because it is outdated, it just appears the 106FA.
    You are correct 106FF > 106FA- corrections made

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct 106FF > 106FA- corrections made
    Ok Jon. Thanks again.
    I'm a bit curious about why do you always recommend the white CCS pad with the 106FA or FF. Maybe is your way of showing an example of use, I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Jon. Thanks again.
    I'm a bit curious about why do you always recommend the white CCS pad with the 106FA or FF. Maybe is your way of showing an example of use, I don't know.
    These polishes are foam pad ‘dependant’ as far as its paint correction / renovation abilities are concerned (i.e. use a polishing foam followed by a finishing foam pad) It is not de rigueur to use a cutting pad first but it’s difficult to judge what finish correction is required. Diagnosis is the key; not guesswork; always use the least abrasive product / foam pad combination before ‘stepping-up’ to something more aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree, but I prefer using other polishing pads, I don't like the CCS. For example yesterday I compared using a black polishing pad from 3M and a white CCS polishing pad and the one from 3M performed better imho. But it will be people who prefer the CCS pads, sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree, but I prefer using other polishing pads, I don't like the CCS. For example yesterday I compared using a black polishing pad from 3M and a white CCS polishing pad and the one from 3M performed better imho. But it will be people who prefer the CCS pads, sure.
    Lake County Mfg CCS foam pads are what I use / prefer; so I use them as a benchmark (thats the reason behind so much info i.e. colour, PPI, foam composition, etc) so that would enable anyone to select an equivalent foam by another mfg.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only too glad to share knowledge / experience

Post Thanks / Like

Lake County Mfg CCS foam pads are what I use / prefer; so I use them as a benchmark (thats the reason behind so much info i.e. colour, PPI, foam composition, etc) so that would enable anyone to select an equivalent foam by another mfg.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only too glad to share knowledge / experience
    And you do it very well my friend, thanks for so many advices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast