autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any CarPro Essence Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post

For Essence:

If you use too much product, or work it too long it may be a bit difficult to remove, or you may see slight marring. The abrasives break down very quickly (just a couple passes), and you need very little product.
    I definitely can attest to this fact. The first time this happened to me, I thought I had burned through the paint. Then I realized there was product left that was coming off with a great deal of difficulty. I had to use panel wipe to remove the residual product. After changing my pad and significantly reducing the amount of essence, it worked beautifully.

Personally I think this is a great foundation on which to top.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I definitely can attest to this fact. The first time this happened to me, I thought I had burned through the paint. Then I realized there was product left that was coming off with a great deal of difficulty. I had to use panel wipe to remove the residual product. After changing my pad and significantly reducing the amount of essence, it worked beautifully.

Personally I think this is a great foundation on which to top.

What pad(s) do you use?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    What pad(s) do you use?
    Rupes white pads.

I just bought some CarPro gloss pads for Essence Plus, but I will use them with Essence as well.

See this thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/....php?p=1372219

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Rupes white pads.

I just bought some CarPro gloss pads for Essence Plus, but I will use them with Essence as well.

See this thread.

Car Pro Essence and Pad choice

I'm kinda bummed I didn't see the gloss pads before I ordered new pads. Oh well.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan @ Rupes stated this and I've found it to be true on SOFT paint. With that said, I've found the Rupes yellow pad to be the best finishing(and polishing) pad I've ever used on ALL paint systems.

"Its a problem that can actually manifest with really fine pads of all makes when used on the right (or in this case wrong) paint. If we think of it purely in terms of porosity the finer the foam the more foam is actually in contact with the surface (less pores) so you're increasing contact surfaces... with some paints this can lead to issues like light hazing or marring. Seems counter-intuitive, but when I've encountered this issue going UP a notch to the yellow pad has alleviated some or even completely eliminated the issue. Its one of the weirder phenomena I've ever encountered in polishing and its rare I see it, but it does happen."
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Fear not. Just did a quick test on my wife's car. Gg6 with an LC blue pad. Speed four. Easy to remove and it left a finish that felt like a nice, slick lsp. I can't wait to do my car in the next month or so. Now to figure out if I'll top with reload and use ech2o as maintenance, or stick with my megs upw. Can't decide.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been using a essence a lot lately, ive already went through 3 bottles over the last 2 months. I use it with my GG6 and the boss MF cutting pad. im finding that it looks great when its done that first day, but I have been noticing that when my clients are coming back for the MX washes that there are a lot more swirls then when they left. now so far they have all said that no one has touched the guy except me so im thinking that the "fillers" in essence are not lasting as long as I had hoped in the desert heat. I know the thread I read that convinced me to get essence this was not the case but this is what ive been noticing over the last 2 weeks or so.

ive never had this issue with megs 151/megs 66/ mckess 360 so the only thing I can think it is is the fillers in the product. essence definitely outshines all the others but something Is definitely not going right.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the bottle the other day... looking at the directions, it seems like I have to choose between using it with a heavier cutting pad OR a polishing pad and getting a nice glossy finish.
    If this is the case, I may use Menzerna with a cutting pad first and then use Essence with a polishing pad as more of a polish/LSP vs trying to get any cut out of it.

Thoughts?
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I think that will work. I used Rupes UHS on my hood some time back and then followed with Essence. Looked great.

Post Thanks / Like

It will work, I now use d300 with a microfiber and then polish/prep with essence before I coat

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast