autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

How to share an article using a blue clickable link

How to share an article using a blue clickable link

Just a quick tip for mostly our regular forum members but first an encouragement...

I would first encourage any of our forum member to write articles on topics they are passionate about to share with other forum members, as long as the information is accurate and helpful then the article it's wanted and appreciated. You don't need any special permission to write your own article.

I write articles because it's my nature to write articles, this led me to a job as a corporate writer for a major wax company, I never started out as a writer for any company and then was told to write articles, it comes naturally because it's my passion.

I'm a car guy,
    • I like to detail cars
    • I like to help others detail cars

These are my two of my passions in the automotive world, I like turning wrenches on old Detroit iron also but I don't write articles about it.

Now here's what this article is about.

On this page you'll find a growing collection of article I've written for this forum,

Articles by Mike Phillips

At the top of each article and also the index of articles itself, you'll find the title of the article is a blue clickable link that clicks to the article. The reason I give all my articles a blue clickable link is so that anytime I find a thread with a discussion about a topic in which I have a related article, instead of typing out a new reply, I will share the blue clickable link to the article.

If I didn't give each article a blue clickable link to itself, then each time I wanted to share the link to the article I would have to format it in my reply and that takes time. Since I write article and share articles all the time it only makes sense to give each article a blue clickable link to make the sharing process fast and easy.

Here's the thing, anyone can do this... You don't have to... I'm just pointing this out because the articles are intended to help people and our forum is made up of very helpful people. Anyone is welcome to snag the blue clickable link and post it to any thread they're participating in to provide a link to a related article to help out another forum member.

That's all.

I just didn't know if everyone or anyone knew why I put a blue clickable link at the top of all my articles.

Here's an example of how this works as I just shared an article by copying and pasting a blue clickable link to a thread about Utility Terry Towels, see post #9

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ry-towels.html

The article itself can be found in the list of articles I've written or in the Tricks, Tips and Techniques forum group in the Detailer's Library.

Again, anyone can do this... just highlight, copy and paste...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to share an article using a blue clickable link

It may be useful for some members to add that just highlighting a "blue clickable link", right clicking the highlighted portion and then selecting "Copy" will not create a "blue clickable link" when pasted into a reply.

In order to copy the necessary info to paste a working link, "copy link location" must be used. Also highlighting the link is not necessary for the "copy link location" option to be available in the right click menu.

In the Autogeek forums, as was already mentioned, software enables you to easily make a "blue clickable link" to any thread by going to the page you want to link to, highlighting the entire URL address and pasting it to your reply. If you want to see the link as it will be before posting it, simply click "go advanced" or "preview message" (depending on if your in a quick reply window or in advanced reply, respectively) the preview will show your link as it will appear once posted.

This is IME running windows 7 ultimate, hp laptop, firefox browser.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    It may be useful for some members to add that just highlighting a "blue clickable link", right clicking the highlighted portion and then selecting "Copy" will not create a "blue clickable link" when pasted into a reply.
    It works with IE, I do it all day... just like this...

"Use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

Mike Phillips

Actually, I just fired up Firefox, surfed to the below page and highlighted, the copied and pasted the link below...

The Mindset of a Professional Detailer

Using Firefox version 3.6.10

Post Thanks / Like

The Mindset of a Professional Detailer

I just copy and pasted Mike's blue clickable link with no problem. I did not use the "copy link location" option.

I am also using the same version of Firefox.
    Brian