autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to reinsert photos into a post?

The other day I inadvertently uploaded or moved photos from their original location into a different album. Is there a way to re-insert photos back into the original post using coding or something? Thanks for any help.

Mike Phillips

Re: Is there a way to reinsert photos into a post?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatereagleman View Post
    The other day I inadvertently uploaded or moved photos from their original location into a different album. Is there a way to re-insert photos back into the original post using coding or something? Thanks for any help.

Here's my guess....

Once you "move" a photo out of one location to a different location you just changed its Internet address.

So the only way to make the pictures show up is to edit the code and insert the new address.

Pictures in the "Internet World" have an URL address just like a webpage has an URL address.

Move the picture and you change the address so a browser like Chrome, Firefox or IE will "try" to display the picture but because the address is now changed the picture won't show up.

I've posted thousands of pictures over the years and have made mistakes in the process and one thing I've learned is try not to make mistakes.

It took me about 4 hours to process all the pictures from the RUPES project last Wednesday and that's without making mistakes so trust me I know how much time goes into working with pictures behind the scenes so they'll show up in a thread.

Over one hundred pictures in this thread... all resized to 800 pixels wide.

Buffing curved panels with NEW RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 & 15 Polishers

Probably the best option now is to simple create a new thread or a new post and use the current URL Address when inserting the pictures.

Hope that helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a way to reinsert photos into a post?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's my guess....

Once you "move" a photo out of one location to a different location you just changed its Internet address.

So the only way to make the pictures show up is to edit the code and insert the new address.
    Yes... that is what I thought.

I've posted thousands of pictures over the years and have made mistakes in the process and one thing I've learned is try not to make mistakes.
    Yes, unless you're me.

It took me about 4 hours to process all the pictures from the RUPES project last Wednesday and that's without making mistakes so trust me I know how much time goes into working with pictures behind the scenes so they'll show up in a thread.
    It only took me 5 minutes to totally mess this up.

Probably the best option now is to simple create a new thread or a new post and use the current URL Address when inserting the pictures.
    I was hoping to avoid that, and I suppose that would be the easiest.