autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to upload photos to Autogeek the proper way!

Thanks Pat!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for the new year!
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magna_power View Post
    This was great, thanks for taking the time to make it

FYI maximum photo size is 640 x 480 (500kb), and .png files don't work. As you said in the video stick with .jpg
    Good rule of thumb would be 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels. The software will show the image at 800 wide and then the user can view the enlarged version for more detail. And yes .jpg is the preferred format.

As for the part in the video that shows the upload to nowhere... that is due to the images being too big and the upload aborts once the software reads the uploaded file.

Nice video!

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Mike Phillips

That's very good.

I encourage people to resize their photos first and Yancy just told me he has screen capture video software so I can make a video on how to resize pictures before uploading.

One thing for sure, ANYTHING that helps people to figure out how to work with pictures on our forum is a great addition.

I've always made my article the old fashioned way which requires a person to both read and think, so I'm looking forward to the new video software Yancy has..

Here's a step by step article with "pictures" to show you how to resize your pictures to 800 pixels wide. You can resize them to any width you like but keep in mind that by making them 800 pixels wide they'll fit and display on most electronic devises without having to horizontal scroll.

You also save server space on the hard drive that hosts the pictures.

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

This show what Roshan's video shows with pictures and text...

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

This shows how to insert the picture after you've uploaded it successfully into your gallery...

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

This is 600 pixels wide
    (I drove a Scoop for a Pulp Mill in this shot)

This is 700 pixels wide
    (Machine applying wax to Nate's 1966 Batmobile recreation)

This is 800 pixels wide

It's really not that hard to resize your pictures to a "Viewable Size" which is a courtesy to both your reader and whoever's photo gallery you're uploading your pictures to.

Nice video Roshan...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yancy View Post

As for the part in the video that shows the upload to nowhere... that is due to the images being too big and the upload aborts once the software reads the uploaded file.

Nice video!
    Yeah, that's what I had assumed was happening as I mentioned in the video. What is the biggest size photo you can upload btw? And does it depend on pixels or actual MB size?

Thanks for the compliment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    That's very good.

I encourage people to resize their photos first and Yancy just told me he has screen capture video software so I can make a video on how to resize pictures before uploading.

One thing for sure, ANYTHING that helps people to figure out how to work with pictures on our forum is a great addition.

It's really not that hard to resize your pictures to a "Viewable Size" which is a courtesy to both your reader and whoever's photo gallery you're uploading your pictures to.

Nice video Roshan...

Hey Mike,

I agree on both counts! Uploading pictures is not hard once you know what to do AND it is so much nicer to view in threads than thumbnails!

The great thing about this video is that it not only shows how to upload photos to an album on the AG server and then insert it into a thread, but also shows you how to crop the picture before you do so

Thanks for the nice words Mike

P.S. What screen capture editing software did you guys get by the way? I use Debut Video Capture because it is very simple to use AND free! Hard to beat that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    P.S. What screen capture editing software did you guys get by the way? I use Debut Video Capture because it is very simple to use AND free! Hard to beat that
    ScreenFlow for Mac, easy as pie software and probably will lay the voice overs in Logic and compile in Final Cut. I find that it is easier to do the screen capture then lay the audio while watching the video. That is just my thoughts and the way that I have done them in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

ScreenFlow for Mac, easy as pie software and probably will lay the voice overs in Logic and compile in Final Cut. I find that it is easier to do the screen capture then lay the audio while watching the video. That is just my thoughts and the way that I have done them in the past.
    Wow sounds like quite the process, but I'm sure the final video will look and sound great! I'm plain old jane over here just using my laptops mic lol!

Btw, and I know this is off-topic, but can you recommend a video editing software for windows? I have cyberlink powerdirector (I believe 9 or 10) and while it is nice, it has a tendency to just remove audio sometimes or add background noises. Kind of ruins the software imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is good and coupled with Adobe After Effects is great for graphics and Animations, Sony Vegas Pro and Avid Media Composer.

I use Final Cut X cause I prefer to work on a Mac and use Motion and Adobe After Effects for animations and graphics. I have been meaning to post a thread about video editing but just haven't had time to do so, but it is still on my list as well as working with Photoshop and dealing with printers.

Post Thanks / Like

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is good and coupled with Adobe After Effects is great for graphics and Animations, Sony Vegas Pro and Avid Media Composer.

I use Final Cut X cause I prefer to work on a Mac and use Motion and Adobe After Effects for animations and graphics. I have been meaning to post a thread about video editing but just haven't had time to do so, but it is still on my list as well as working with Photoshop and dealing with printers.
    I might get Sony Vegas Pro, thanks for the suggestions!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast