autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree to offer balance point of view and it is something most people need to learn how to hold a good meeting. Without appreciation, people won't feel being listened and difficult to be communicated with the constructive feedback. Good call out, Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A tip on giving constructive feedback...

I am amazed that some members just felt the need to say "I’m not reading” This in its-self should be an indicator as to how a person will accept "constructive criticism". NO one likes being told that what they have done is not right or good enough. If someone really wants to grow in whatever it is they are doing, then they must be open to change. Advice is always easy to hand out, but eating it yourself is much harder as we all know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    I had a boss once who really knew how to handle people, he knew that "balance" Mike spoke about. He could chew you out and have you walk away feeling really good about yourself. He always enforced the positive in a person after pointing out the negative. I really learned a lot from him.
    Truth.. And I've learned a lot from those in position of authority who don't get and or don't care.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post

Totally agree to offer balance point of view and it is something most people need to learn how to hold a good meeting.

Without appreciation, people won't feel being listened and difficult to be communicated with the constructive feedback.

Good call out, Mike!

Thanks.

Been to a lot of meetings in my life and the last thing a company should do is create a climate where people are scared to share their thoughts, suggestions and feedback.

You never know where a million dollar idea will come from or a simple idea that solves a long standing issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I oftentimes make it a practice to say "that's been my experience" or "that's just my opinion" to some things posted both here and elsewhere. I feel it is important to remind someone that while i may disagree with what they are saying or showing, i might simply have a different experience on that topic and as such have a different opinion on it. I never discount their experience (whether good or bad)...they had a different experience and to them its real.

I also came from a long career in management. I conducted hundreds of performance evaluations over the years and always practiced the "poop sandwich" approach i.e. start off the meeting with positives, introduce the negatives with specifics and options for them to improve them and finish with more positives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12