autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections.

***Bump***

Handy little feature in vBulletin...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections.

As you explained to me in discussion, and for the sake of the editor mode concerning pictures, I am able to click on the editor mode icon and see the numbered pictures. I didn't know about that before our discussion.

I understand you are saying it can be done with text also, however, all I get when I click on a quote buttion...for example to quote one of your posts...and then click on the editor button to break up the text, all I get is a font size change when I click the "A" button.. I'm using internet explorer also.

I'm able to multi-quote by copying and pasting the front and rear tags to each portion of the text I want to quote.

Like the way I post pictures to the forum, it's a slow way to break up the text. I'm still missing something, I think.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

As you explained to me in discussion, and for the sake of the editor mode concerning pictures, I am able to click on the editor mode icon and see the numbered pictures. I didn't know about that before our discussion.
    Well that's one thing that will help you...

I understand you are saying it can be done with text also, however, all I get when I click on a quote buttion...for example to quote one of your posts...and then click on the editor button to break up the text, all I get is a font size change when I click the "A" button.. I'm using internet explorer also.
    I was just having you "quote" me so you could see what the code looks like in editor mode. I took a screens shot to do the same thing here,

Editor view of BB code behind multiple pictures

Like the way I post pictures to the forum, it's a slow way to break up the text. I'm still missing something, I think.

You just want to,

Take the pictures off your camera and place them into one folder.

Go through them using LviewPro or some other software to look and see which ones you want to keep and which ones you want to delete, for example duplicates or pictures that are out of focus.

Once you have the pictures you want to keep and use, rename them using the same name but change the final last digit. IF you have 20 pictures the last digits in your file name before the .jpg would be 001 to 020 Make sense?

Once they are renamed, put them in your folder, "Ready to Resize" and then open Easy Thumbnails and click "Make All". Assuming you've set up your folders like I show here,

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery

After you resize your photos to 800 pixels wide then upload them into your gallery like I show here,

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

After they are all uploaded into your gallery, then you are ready to insert them like I show here,

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

Once you get to the first picture and insert it using WYSIWYG mode of the vBulletin interface, you can then click on the Editor Mode option and highlight and copy and paste the full code for this one picture and paste it as many times as you have pictures and then simply change just the digits at the end of the code to match how many pictures you have to share.

I actually do 10 at a time after the first 10 picture I simply copy the code for pictures 1 through 10 and then just change the "1" to a "2" for 21, 21, 23, etc.

Then for the next 10 pictures I change the 2 to a 3 etc.

Some of my threads have up to and over 100 pictures so I need a "system" that I can use everyday without having to "think" about it.

This would be a lot easier to show you in person and maybe I can get the software that allows me to make a video showing my desktop as I work with pictures for the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mr. Phillips I understood all of that, even after our phone call and exploring your directions for myself it made sense. I was able to see the code and took note of the last digits in each code.

I should be able to create an album for my pictures and then follow the above directions. However, I'm glad you took the time to write them out as well.

My comment on still missing something was in regard to multi-quoting text in a post in editor mode without copying and pasting the code tags to each section of a post I wish to quote.

For example: I hit the quote button an a 4 paragraph post you have made. I then click the editor mode button. The only thing I see happen is a change to a larger font size. In order for me to break up the text I have to copy and past the beginning and ending code tags for each section of the text I with to break up, or seperate. I don't have to click the editor mode to do that, but it is slow regardless.

For some reason, regarding multi-quoting text even after hitting the editor button, I don't think we're able to see the same thing.

A video in slow motion mode...ha ha...could likely benefit many of us.

I do appreciate your efforts and patience.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

For example: I hit the quote button an a 4 paragraph post you have made. I then click the editor mode button.

The only thing I see happen is a change to a larger font size.

Something's wrong.

You should go from WYSIWYG mode to Editor Mode.

Try upgrading your browser...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Something's wrong.

You should go from WYSIWYG mode to Editor Mode.

Try upgrading your browser...

Will do...I thought maybe something wasn't working correctly.

It pays to have patience and an ability to write...sometimes of which I'm not the greatest at. LOL!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Has this changed? I'm not seeing the same screen as shown when I hit the "Go Advance" button. I figured since this is an old thread there have been a few updates to it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Me Time View Post

Has this changed? I'm not seeing the same screen as shown when I hit the "Go Advance" button.

I figured since this is an old thread there have been a few updates to it.

Yes, since I wrote this how-to article, the vBulletin software has undergone a number of updates. See if the picture below helps.

And after looking at my skill in Microsoft Paint, you can see why Yancy is our Creative Director.

By the way, I post pictures almost every day and everything I do is just as I show it in this article, that is doing MULTIPLE pictures at one time.

I'm self-taught and this means if I can do it, anyone can do it.

:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yes, since I wrote this how-to article, the vBulletin software has undergone a number of updates. See if the picture below helps.

And after looking at my skill in Microsoft Paint, you can see why Yancy is our Creative Director.
    Don't be to hard on your artwork. You don't have to live with an artist.

By the way, I post pictures almost every day and everything I do is just as I show it in this article, that is doing MULTIPLE pictures at one time.
    Now I will have to learn to post pictures!!!!!

I'm self-taught and this means if I can do it, anyone can do it.
    We will see about that......

:
    Still not doing something right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12