autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

How to write a good title for your thread

When you start a thread you'll need to write a Title for it, this is what everyone is going to see and hopefully >>click<< on in order to read your message. The title will be the words that show up on the Autogeek discussion forum homepage under "Recent Threads".

If you really want to get help on a question then one of the most important things you can do is write a GREAT Title. Take a few extra minutes to choose words that will tell the reader what your thread is about.

Here's an example of a GREAT title,

Need help removing water spots out of my car's paint by hand?

This will get you the best quality replies because it tells our forum members exactly what the topic is about and then our members with expertise on this topic will >>click<< on the link and do their best to answer your questions.

The above title says,
    • What the problem is
    • What you're working on
    • How you're going to apply products

Here's an example of a bad title,

Help!

Is kind of vague, actually it's really vague and it's competing against great titles, so it's not going to help you get the help you're hoping for and need.

Time is always precious, even on a discussion forum, we have a lot of talented and smart people on this forum but the last thing you want to do is make them guess what your topic is about. The last thing you want is for them to skip over your thread as you'll never get the benefit of their experience and wisdom.
    We love it when people trust Autogeek for help, but help us to help you by writing a title for your thread that will tell us what it is you're working on, what the problem is and any other little details that will get you the right people with the right information replying to your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to write a good Title for your post

Nice points. Also works good with email subjects. I hate getting emails that all say Hey or Hi, just let me know what it is about in the subject so when trying to find it later i dont have to go through 100 of them and click on each one.

Mike Phillips

Re: How to write a good Title for your post

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Nice points. Also works good with email subjects. I hate getting emails that all say Hey or Hi, just let me know what it is about in the subject so when trying to find it later i don't have to go through 100 of them and click on each one.
    That's a really good point.

E-mail should have something in the title that says what it's about, especially with the volume of e-mail we all get now days. I always include a title in my e-mails and sometimes type one in for replies if there wasn't one. LOL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to write a good title for your thread

hi everyone john from Ohio

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Adding just a key word or two to your thread title helps others to know what it's about instead of just

Help....

Post Thanks / Like

I was totally expecting to find awesome brownie recipes in this thread based on the title... I so need to learn how to read better. lol
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Mike Phillips

Bumpity bump...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

When you start a thread you'll need to write a Title for it, this is what everyone is going to see and hopefully >>click<< on in order to read your message. The title will be the words that show up on the Autogeek discussion forum homepage under "Recent Threads".

If you really want to get help on a question then one of the most important things you can do is write a GREAT Title. Take a few extra minutes to choose words that will tell the reader what your thread is about.

Here's an example of a GREAT title,

Need help removing water spots out of my car's paint by hand?

This will get you the best quality replies because it tells our forum members exactly what the topic is about and then our members with expertise on this topic will >>click<< on the link and do their best to answer your questions.

The above title says,
    • What the problem is
    • What you're working on
    • How you're going to apply products

Here's an example of a bad title,

Help!

Is kind of vague, actually it's really vague and it's competing against great titles, so it's not going to help you get the help you're hoping for and need.

Time is always precious, even on a discussion forum, we have a lot of talented and smart people on this forum but the last thing you want to do is make them guess what your topic is about. The last thing you want is for them to skip over your thread as you'll never get the benefit of their experience and wisdom.
    We love it when people trust Autogeek for help, but help us to help you by writing a title for your thread that will tell us what it is you're working on, what the problem is and any other little details that will get you the right people with the right information replying to your questions.

thanks... it is what I needed and just excited to get help from the pro's.. better in future

Post Thanks / Like

Great Advice As Always Mike !!!!!!!

Mike Phillips

Just a Monday morning bump for anyone new to this thing called a "discussion forum".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast