autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to get better foaming on cannon?

I've been recently searching around how to get better suds from my foam cannon; I've been reading that if you have a low pressure electric pressure washer a 1.15 orificer will be better and a 1.25mm is for higher PSI pressure washers. However the one I currently have has a 1.15mm and wash with a 1700 psi with 1.7 gpm flow. When testing its been watery; can anyone recommend some tips and tricks? Also what orificer to use psi/gpm; I've been using CG Snowfoam with 3 oz to 10 oz water dilution ratio. Appreciate the 2 cents!
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get better foaming on cannon?

Another option is something like Blackfire Foam Booster. I’ve read quite a few reviews where people used 1/2 oz of the foam booster and reduced their primary soap down to 2 oz while still providing much better foam.

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, foaming booster shampoo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    I've been recently searching around how to get better suds from my foam cannon; I've been reading that if you have a low pressure electric pressure washer a 1.15 orificer will be better and a 1.25mm is for higher PSI pressure washers. However the one I currently have has a 1.15mm and wash with a 1700 psi with 1.7 gpm flow. When testing its been watery; can anyone recommend some tips and tricks? Also what orificer to use psi/gpm; I've been using CG Snowfoam with 3 oz to 10 oz water dilution ratio. Appreciate the 2 cents!
    So....using CG Snow foam (guessing Honeydew?).....an d 3oz of soap to 10oz of water...with an electric pressure washer...and you switched out the orifice to the 1.1mm....correct? Are you using (at least) warm water in the cannon? First thing you need to understand is that the specs on your p/w are probably way overstated. Lots of things can affect the consistency of the foam.....water temperature, air temperature, water hardness and/or quality.

With the combo you mentioned, you should get foam that is decent....not shaving cream thick foam, but better than watery. I do not think I'd go for more soap....maybe a different one. With a similar setup, I've gotten good foam with P&S Pearl shampoo, MTM Perfoamance, and Jay Lenos Vehicle Wash. All three are pretty economical and would be worth giving a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Question : Is the amount of foam generated really indicative of cleaning power, lubricity, etc. ? I ask because we had a similar discussion about the amount of suds generated by different car wash products, whether it really made any difference as products are formulated differently.

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to try a lower dilution ratio (4oz to 10 oz warm water) for the soap solution with the knob turn to the highest soap to water setting.

A higher quality trigger gun (MTM SG28) will also help in increasing suds. Not all foam cannons are equal. I have several foam cannon ranging from cheap amazon specials to the higher price units. I have a better experience with the MTM products in general.

Another factor is the quality of your water source. I have hard water in my area and I found a big gain in subs by adding a water deionizer plus it also address the water spotting issue at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of foam cannon. I tried several different ones and only one was decent. Bought the bullet and got the MTM PF22. Much better with my 2100psi 1.2 gsm ryobi.

Make sure you have mixture turned all the way up and you stated 1.5 mm should be a 1.1. Check those and if all is good buy a new cannon.

If it’s one of those $15-20 jobs in amazon that is your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk