autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

help Identifying foam pads?

I have been doing more searching/reading and ordering from this site lately and loving it! I have been building an arsenal of supplies for my DD, a Black 2002 Chrysler 300m special edition. Its not a show car by any means but I love to care of as If It were one. Without going into an elaborate introduction and sticking to topic,
    I am having trouble identifying my foam pads that I have been gathering for my car.
    I know they are color coded and know what the colors mean while I'm sitting here typing,but remembering this when I get to my car to do the work I get a little confused. Until I get used to knowing what colored pads are for what without running to my computer every 5 mins.

This is the question.

Do you or did you ever mark your pads somehow and what are your methods?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help Identifying foam pads?

I've seen Junkman on YouTube write what polish he uses on the side of the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Never experienced this issue.. But I suppose you could simply write down a short list on an index card and keep it in your back pocket for reference when you need it?
    K.I.S.S Keep it simple Simon.😁

Post Thanks / Like

If you go back to the store (home) page and click on 'My Account' in the task bar, it will bring up your order history. You can click on the 'details' tab for each order to see the products you purchased. It shouldn't be too hard to identify any pad you bought. You can click on the item description and it will bring up the information page so you know what you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Never experienced this issue.. But I suppose you could simply write down a short list on an index card and keep it in your back pocket for reference when you need it?
    K.I.S.S Keep it simple Simon.��
    I guess this can work. I like to keep things simple but the OCD kicks in and the sometimes mind wanders.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've seen Junkman on YouTube write what polish he uses on the side of the pad.
    I watch AJ (AKA) the junkman's channel a lot and never seen this tip. Maybe I could mark what cut the pad has this way?

keep the suggestions and options coming! guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    If you go back to the store (home) page and click on 'My Account' in the task bar, it will bring up your order history. You can click on the 'details' tab for each order to see the products you purchased. It shouldn't be too hard to identify any pad you bought. You can click on the item description and it will bring up the information page so you know what you have.
    I know what I bought and why, going back to order history and such is what I'm trying to avoid. I am just trying to make the trip to the computer less often by marking the pads in some way until I get used to the color coding. also, I have found that all manufacturers don't color their pads the same way. IE: orange is medium cut or white is fine cut etc.....
    Last edited by 02special; 08-29-2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: mis spelling

Post Thanks / Like

help Identifying foam pads?

You could also put them in individual zip lock plastic bags and write the description of each pad with a Sharpie.

I usually like to keep the original packaging the pads came in in tact and neatly place them back in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You could also put them in individual zip lock plastic bags and write the description of each pad with a Sharpie.

I usually like to keep the original packaging the pads came in in tact and neatly place them back in there.
    haha we think alike. I have the original packages marked as such,but never thought of the zip lock bag idea once they were put to use!

Post Thanks / Like

Just put a number on the side of the pad. 1 for no cut, then progressive to yellow which would be 6 for example. Orange as 5, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. I will use the number system posted above and go from there. I will only be doing this until it becomes locked into memory!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast