autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member mannysecodetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detail/ car wash

So ive been auto detailing for a while now and just starting to just wash cars instead of the routine wash, clay , polish , wax.
    So i need someone to steer me in the rite direction and tell me what steps would i need to do for say $20 carwash.. N how much time should be spent.. The other day i washed a escalade and took 2hrs because i started doing things i would do when it was a full day detailing job 😂 lost track of time pretty much.
    Like washing it then cleaning the wheels with a waterless wash then cleaning windows with window cleaner put protectant on the interior, tire shine n then spray waxed the whole truck no vacuum since it broke down 😔

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detail/ car wash

You want someone to steer you in the direction.my personal opinion not being harsh would be to steer you away from car washing .There is little profit to be made considering time product cost and travel if your mobile.If you are gonna start washing cars set your pricing higher than 20.00. If you are living at home and looking to put some money in your pocket for school etc that's fine.But charge higher 45.00 for cars and stay away from suv.

Post Thanks / Like

When I moved to fla,a vast majority of people I met said that they get there car detailed every other week,so I said to myself well how could this be.come to find out quickly that they call a carwash a detail very weird.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on another forum that a gentleman did wash, spray wax, tires dressed, and Windows (I don't think he did any vacuuming) and charged $20 or $25 a wash and had them on a weekly plan. Sprayed the vehicles down with his pressure washer and then used ONR. He had revenue in excess of of $100,000. It was him and a employee. He was from a small town in the mountains of Northwest Georgia.

Can it be done, yes. But you will have to market yourself and your business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willyray18 View Post
    I saw on another forum that a gentleman did wash, spray wax, tires dressed, and Windows (I don't think he did any vacuuming) and charged $20 or $25 a wash and had them on a weekly plan. Sprayed the vehicles down with his pressure washer and then used ONR. He had revenue in excess of of $100,000. It was him and a employee. He was from a small town in the mountains of Northwest Georgia.

Can it be done, yes. But you will have to market yourself and your business.
    Just did the math on this one. If indeed this was all he was doing, he would need to work 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and wash 11 vehicles a day.

Post Thanks / Like

11 vehicles a day lets just be kind and say 40 min per car PLUS travel "in the mountains of Georgia" which I'm betting means at least 5-10 min average between cars. This dude had money but no time to spend it.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Been considering offering a similar service near my house. We have two or three 'retirement villages' close by, with around 500 houses very close together. Keep in mind, this is not my full-time job. If I could build a decent customer base, offering this type of service might prove profitable, as most of the clients would be within minutes (or seconds) of each other. Was considering a wash, dry, vacuum, wheels/tires cleaned + dressed for 35.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    You want someone to steer you in the direction.my personal opinion not being harsh would be to steer you away from car washing .There is little profit to be made considering time product cost and travel if your mobile.If you are gonna start washing cars set your pricing higher than 20.00. If you are living at home and looking to put some money in your pocket for school etc that's fine.But charge higher 45.00 for cars and stay away from suv.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLJsjkHxWI

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast