autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Sign-up: 1965 Mustang Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    That corner looks good Mike.

Would I ever love to be in the local area for these projects. It just may be my second home! Lol.

Sometimes I call heavy cutting with a rotary buffer, wool pad and aggressive compounding...

Chopping

As in getting in there and chopping off a lot of old, weathered paint and tell you what... I was chopping on that section...

We really have our work cut out for us, wish you could be here to help as I could use another experienced guy behind the rotary buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    That corner looks good Mike.

Would I ever love to be in the local area for these projects. It just may be my second home! Lol.
    Me too Mike. Me too.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Sometimes I call heavy cutting with a rotary buffer, wool pad and aggressive compounding...

Chopping

As in getting in there and chopping off a lot of old, weathered paint and tell you what... I was chopping on that section...

We really have our work cut out for us, wish you could be here to help as I could use another experienced guy behind the rotary buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Me too Mike. Me too.

I would be in heaven working in that garage with my fellow Geeks, a PE14, and 3401. A Menzerna product line, BF line, or Wolfgang lineup to work with and 5 inch hybrids would sweetin the deal.

Sorry guys for going a bit off topic, just a little dreaming to share with everyone.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, this 65' convertible has 66' side trim. Are you sure about it being a 65'? One way to check is in the "Vin" # and also, the 66 has a horizonal grille. Bill's 67 GTA

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I just checked with the "Boss", my wife, and I'll be down Thursday to work on the Mustang. I'll bring my code book with me to decipher all the codes. Bill's 67 GTA

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, in a few months I will be located in Ft. Lauderdale / Davie. You might see me more often soon
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill's 67 GTA View Post
    Mike, this 65' convertible has 66' side trim. Are you sure about it being a 65'? One way to check is in the "Vin" # and also, the 66 has a horizonal grille. Bill's 67 GTA
    You're correct, it's a 1966 Mustang Convertible...

Jeff and I read through the original owner's manual and it states it right on the front that it's a 1966. Must have been a brain lapse because Max told me it was a 1966. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill's 67 GTA View Post
    Mike, I just checked with the "Boss", my wife, and I'll be down Thursday to work on the Mustang. I'll bring my code book with me to decipher all the codes. Bill's 67 GTA
    Very cool Bill. Looking forward to having you to be part of the team...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1966 Mustang Convertible

Is that car from PA? It looks like a PA classic plate and PA inspection sticker.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    Is that car from PA? It looks like a PA classic plate and PA inspection sticker.

Yes.

Going out to the studio to start getting set-up for tonight's extreme makeover.

We're going to have some guys here tonight that have NEVER used a buffer before so this is going to be a great learning experience for them.

Mike Phillips

Just finished setting up the studio for tonight's extreme makeover....

Special Sale
    Nick says there will be a sales special for any of the products we use tonight on this car, which includes Pinnacle XMT polishes #!, #2, #3, and #4 and the Pinnacle XMT 180

Learn to use the rotary buffer at Autogeek's Thursday Night Hot Car Projects
    I have a number of new guys attending tonight so to teach them how to use the rotary buffer with wool pads and compounds I'll be using the Flex PE14 with Lake Country 6.5" wool cutting pads. The light weight and compact size of this rotary buffer plus the smaller size of these 6.5" wool pads makes it easy for even an absolute newbie to learn how to use a rotary buffer.

After the heavy cutting step we're going to use the Flex 3401 to apply the #2 Fine Swirl Remover with with Lake Country 6.5" CCS Foam Polishing Pads.

After polishing we'll be machine applying the Pinnacle XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba Paste Wax

To take advantage of the sale, contact Customer Care at

1-800-869-3011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast