autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Autogeek's FREE Wednesday Night Detail Class - 2015 Hyundai Elantra - August 30th at 5:00pm

Autogeek's FREE Wednesday Night Detail Class - 2015 Hyundai Elantra - August 30th at 5:00pm

I have a saying for the detailing world, goes like this,

Each one teach one...

A friend of mine recently purchased a used car for his son to drive. This is his first car and the car could use a good detail job and also some touch-up paint for some scratches. He purchased a Dr. Color Chip Kit to fix the scratches. He showed me a picture of the scratches and I noticed the paint needs to be corrected and polished first. I asked him if he owned a polisher and he said "no". Then I asked him if his son would like to learn how to detail his own car and he said "yes". So we're on!

Normally our free weekly classes are on Thursday nights but this young man is involved in sports on Thursday nights so we're going to hold this class on a Wednesday night.

Date: Wednesday, August 30th
    Time: We start at 5:00pm and go to about 8:00pm

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Directions

This is not the car, just a picture of what the car looks like. Will post pictures of the car as soon as I get them...

2015 Hyundai Elantra

If you want to join in the fun you need to be a registered member of this forum and reply to this thread.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Discussion Forum

Or call Customer Care at,

1-800-869-3011

And they can reserve your space.

Sign-up List

1. Mike Phillips - Of course I'll be here!
    2. Frank
    3. Jerry
    4. Paulo
    5. Paulo's son

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Directions

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio, my
    red Chevy Silverado is usually parked right in front of the entrance door.

See you here at 5:00pm!

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's Wednesday Night Detail Class - 2015 with Dr. Color Chip too - Wednesday, August 30th at 5:00pm

For those attending here's a primer on how to use the Dr. Color Chip Kit

How to use the Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's Wednesday Night Detail Class - 2015 with Dr. Color Chip too - Wednesday, August 30th at 5:00pm

And here's 5 videos showing you multiple techniques for applying the Dr. Color Chip touch-up paints...

Video List

Below are 5 videos with descriptions for what each video includes. Watch the video that applies to your situation or watch them all. Then read the post below this post to see how to locate the paint code for your car. You'll need this code to order your kit. You can also call Autogeek's customer care staff and they can help you to locate the color code in your car.

How to use the Dr. ColorChip System to fix rock chips on your car!

Techniques for repairing paint chips on edges

The Shoe Polish Technique - For fixing multiple rock chips and road rash

Dr. ColorChip Rock Chip Repair System - High Profit Business Opportunity

How to start your own business with the Dr. ColorChip Rock Chip Repair System

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Detail Duo

Might have a second car here for hands-on training...

Post Thanks / Like

Sign me up Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Color Chip is next on my list to add to my skill set. Unfortunately I'm just a bit too far away...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Continued....

The owner sent me a couple pictures of the actual car....

Here's the damaged area...

I'll check with Tony Pando on this but from memory for this kind of damage we use the "Shoe Polish Technique" for applying the Dr. Color Chip Touch Up Paint.

Mike Phillips

Just to note...

The damage is worse than I expected, but we'll do our best.

I would also just like to point out a few things....

1: Read my article - specifically what I wrote in post #9 of my how-to article here,

How to use the Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

The key to success with a business like this is a couple of things,

One is under promise and over deliver.

DON'T promise your customer they'll never be able to see where the rock chips were... because it's not that type of perfectionist work. It's vitally important that you set your customer's expectations accordingly.

If a person never wants to see where the rock chips were... tell them to get a paint job.

Keep it real. After using this system the owner can stand back about 5' from the car and not see the previously unsightly rock chips and that's what it's all about.

If you want perfect get a new paint job.

If you will be happy with your eyes not being easily attracted to the repaired area when standing 10 feet away then we're on the same page.

2: This car is for a NEW DRIVER. Chances are good there's going to be more "mishaps" in the future. It's not a show car. So in my opinion the father is wise in doing a low budget repair and then moving forward with life.

Stay tuned....

Post Thanks / Like

Sign me up Mike, I'll be there.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry0 View Post

Sign me up Mike, I'll be there.

Cool Jerry, we'll see you here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast