autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Sign-up: Wetsanding Class - 1948 Willys Jeepster at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Sign-up: Wetsanding Class - 1948 Willys Jeepster at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

This Saturday, December 17th at Autogeek's Show Car Garage

Kind of short notice but here's the deal, I'm teaching an IDA CD and SV Class this Saturday and because some of the guys are flying in from other States for this class I wanted to make sure they had a GREAT experience at Autogeek.

At the same time, my buddy Mike Gelter just got his 1948 Jeepster back from the paint shop and it has ORANGE PEEL. So I had Mike drop off the Jeepster today and after the CD and SV testing is over tomorrow at approximately 2:00pm we're going to dive head first into this project.

So anyone in the Stuart, Florida area that would like to be a part of this project is welcome to join in the fun.

This 1948 Willys Jeepster is sitting on a Jeep CJ8 frame and running gear with a small block Chevy 350 and Turbo 350 transmission mated to the Jeep CJ8 Transfercase. She runs and drive nice! The paint just needs to be flattened to give her the finishing touch.

1948 Willys Jeepster

Here's a few pictures showing the orange peel...

What do you need to do?

If you want to join in the fun you need to be a registered member of this forum and reply to this thread.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Discussion Forum

Or call Customer Care at,

1-800-869-3011

And they can reserve your space.

Sign-up List

1. Mike Phillips - Of course I'll be here!

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Directions

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio, my
    red Chevy Silverado is usually parked right in front of the entrance door.

See you here at 2:00pm!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: Wetsanding Class - 1948 Willys Jeepster at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Wish i could help out,,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: Wetsanding Class - 1948 Willys Jeepster at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Very cool.

I almost bought a Jeepster a while back & probably would have if it didn't have sooo much rust. (a coastal car) This will be a fun project & I can tell that the change is going to be phenomenal. The orange peel is so bad on this one that any work will improve it but you just know the team that will do the hard yards on this, will finish it down beautifully. Looking forward to this turn around indeed.

I'd love to be there to do the CD & SV testing alone but a project like this afterwards in a first class facility like Autogeek with Mike Phillips! What a fantastic opportunity to learn to wet sand correctly. Good times!

Mike, completely off topic but what are the chances of any IDA RTs doing some testing at or after Detail Fest?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Mike, completely off topic but what are the chances of any IDA RTs doing some testing at or after Detail Fest?

I'm pretty sure there will be CD and SV testing at Detail Fest by the IDA.