autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

If you can make black paint look good you can make ANY paint look good!

Learn the art of polishing paint on Thursday, November 17th starting at 5:00pm at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Here's our training car,

1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4

This is a very rare edition, less than 200 of this version were built. This car has,

• Aluminum Wheels
    • Aluminum bumper brackets
    • Aluminum rear brake drums

This car also has the Black Out Option which GM halted so the Buick T-Type would not compete with the Black Out Option for the Buick Grand National. This one slipped through the cracks.

This car was recently repainted basecoat/clearcoat and then sanded and cut. It has holograms in the paint from the cutting step so it needs to be professional re-polished to remove the holograms and create a true show car finish.

If you want to join in the fun you need to be a registered member of this forum and reply to this thread.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Discussion Forum

Or call Customer Care at,

1-800-869-3011

And they can reserve your space.

Sign-up List

1. Mike Phillips - Of course I'll be here!
    2. Jeff aka GSKR
    3. Frank aka FrankS
    4. Ciccarelli
    5. Gary aka Harris
    6. Jeff aka JCDETAILRECON
    7. George30
    8. Al aka alfortuna
    9. John aka johnpingol
    10. Jerry0

Autogeek's Garage
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Driving Directions

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio, my
    red Chevy Silverado is usually parked right in front of the entrance door.

See you here at 5:00pm!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Wow! What a stunning car to work on!

That's as black as they get!

Put a layer of BlackICE on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Count me in Mike thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on being there Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was closer. I've done a GNX and these cars have really crappy paint on them with no clear. I'll be anxious to see how it comes out.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me in Mike. I'll be there

Post Thanks / Like

My father sold these as new in '87 at the local Buick dealer, I often spent my summer there just to ride and detail cars. If I got lucky a quick ride to the detailing booth or putting one on the showroom floor. The T-types were indeed quite limited as were all the 86-87 intercooled Regals. More than one got "chipped" and became beasts that far exceeded what GM suggested.

Cannot wait to see what Mike and his crew will do to bring justice to the beautiful black paint.

Scott

Mike Phillips

***Update***

I think we're going to have a fairly large turnout for this upcoming Thursday night class so to give everyone plenty of hands-on training we'll also have this 1973 Toyota FJ40 project which also has a brand new basecoat/clearcoat paint job.

1973 Toyota FJ40 Custom 4-Wheel Drive

For the FJ40 we'll either use a 2-step approach or a 1-step cleaner/wax. Won't be able to choose which approach till we see the paint. This FJ40 was modified at Stoney's Automotive in Hope Sound one of the largest and best customizing and restoration shops for these classic Toyota 4-wheel drives.

This FJ40 has been upgraded with a Chevy 350 small block engine and Chevy transmission and transfercase.

***Update***

I just found out, the owners of the Toyota FJ40 will be showing their FJ40 at this years

Ocean Reef Vintage Weekend

From their website,

Each year on the first weekend in December, Ocean Reef Club hosts Vintage Weekend, a four-day celebration of antique and classic planes, automobiles and yachts.

The tradition continues into its twenty second year as does the passion and appreciation for those who own, restore, maintain and love their conveyances, and make it possible for all of us to enjoy them.

I've never been to this show but it looks like a great event.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool wish i could join.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there

Gary H

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast