autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    The black paint on that Buick is horrendous! Damn

Cant wait to see what you guys do with it.

Finish it off with a layer of BlackICE...
    Saw the car last Saturday.You aint kiddin!!
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Cool car Mike but the GN's didn't have a "black out" option, they were all black (except for the 82's) The WE4 code T-type's were like you said though, blacked out a T-type. While I'm at it I should also mention that 86' was the last year the T-type name was used on the Regals, in 87' they were called Turbo T's and had a small emblem on the front fenders, a red T in a black box, they made 1547 IIRC. They also made 1035 Buick Regal Limited's with the turbo in 87', imagine chrome bumpers, landau top (option), corning lights (option) and hood orniment pulling up next to you.....and getting dusted! You could've also opted for 60/40 split bench, leather "pillow" seats in those cars too, a total of 400 were said to be made, only saddle and gray were ever offered.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Cool car Mike but the GN's didn't have a "black out" option, they were all black (except for the 82's)

The WE4 code T-type's were like you said though, blacked out a T-type.

While I'm at it I should also mention that 86' was the last year the T-type name was used on the Regals, in 87' they were called Turbo T's and had a small emblem on the front fenders, a red T in a black box, they made 1547 IIRC.

They also made 1035 Buick Regal Limited's with the turbo in 87', imagine chrome bumpers, landau top (option), corning lights (option) and hood orniment pulling up next to you.....and getting dusted! You could've also opted for 60/40 split bench, leather "pillow" seats in those cars too, a total of 400 were said to be made, only saddle and gray were ever offered.

Great info...

I'm really not an expert on Buicks in general or these models in specific. I'm actually not even a fan of this body style. I kind of like the mid and late 1970 Monte Carlos but feel they all could have used Big Blocks instead of the small blocks they came with. Even so, the best Monte Carlos were the firs generation Monte Carlos with big blocks.

What I posted about the car is the information provided to me from the owner and possibly he's not 100% accurate but I know him very well and he is a "Car Guy" and he does work in the car industry and he has always seemed quite knowledgeable about "cars".

I'll cede to both of you because I'm all about the paint, not what it's sticking too...

Mike Phillips

For the record...

We've had three cars of this genre here in the past. One was owned by my friend Bob who purchased his BRAND NEW and still owns it today. The other two were used in past Competition Read Detailing Classes and perfected by our students.

1986 Buick Regal T-Type Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

WOW....those headlight covers, takes me back to the 80's!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

***List is Updated***

Sign-up List

1. Mike Phillips - Of course I'll be here!
    2. Jeff aka GSKR
    3. Frank aka FrankS
    4. Ciccarelli
    5. Gary aka Harris
    6. Jeff aka JCDETAILRECON
    7. George30
    8. Al aka alfortuna
    9. John aka johnpingol
    10. Jerry0

For those of you that can get here a little early, we need to wash the tires on the Buick and the FJ40

Not sure what we're going to use to dress the tires on the FJ40? Need something that's easy to apply over the entire tire as the back spare tire is at EYE LEVEL and this rig is going to a concours show.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, one Thursday class I want to come down when you have a hammered single stage car to do, like that old Lincoln. I'll keep my eye peeled for future Thursday events. Have fun everyone and get'um shinny!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post

Mike, one Thursday class I want to come down when you have a hammered single stage car to do, like that old Lincoln. I'll keep my eye peeled for future Thursday events.

Have fun everyone and get'um shinny!

I have a 1946 Dodge Deluxe 4-Door Sedan with the ORIGINAL SINGLE STAGE PAINT and last time I saw it the paint was completely oxidized.

Working on it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have a 1946 Dodge Deluxe 4-Door Sedan with the ORIGINAL SINGLE STAGE PAINT and last time I saw it the paint was completely oxidized.

Working on it...

That would be awesome. I love working on the oldies!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike looking forward to the final write up and photos based on the instagram stories coverage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast