autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XCE (replacement for the 3401)

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I noticed the arrows on the head of both of these new machines pointing in a clockwise direction. Is the new forced rotation model a clockwise rotation? If so, that's a major improvement in my eyes.

The counter-clockwise rotation of the 3401 is something that kept me from ever seriously considering to buy one. I know that if you use it enough that you get the hang of it but that is something I never wanted to deal with. I've been using clockwise rotating polishers since the late 1960s and the counter-clockwise 3401 just seemed so wrong to me.
    Why would the direction in which a machine spins alter your decision? The XCE is a Flex 3401 with a plastic gear housing instead of an aluminum one. Judging by the bad design and performance of the XFE, many are questioning Flex's recent design decisions. Best to stick with a tried and tested formula, the 3401. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKorch630 View Post
    Forgive me if I sound stupid, but what difference does it make if the 3401 rotates counter-clockwise? What's the con of using a counter-clockwise rotating DA as opposed to a clockwise?
    I don't know why they have it rotate counter clockwise. I'm sure somewhere there's a reason for right or left handed people but I'm a righty and have zero issues. I often swap left to right depending on what part of the car I'm working on and to reduce fatigue.

The 3401 works awesome. I can't stress how much of a time saver it's been for me. I simply love that it never bogs or stalls like most all other DA's that are not forced rotation ones will do. That to me had me kicking myself for not buying the Flex years ago.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the opportunity to spend some time with the XCE and it is a great machine that runs much cooler and more quiet than the 3401.

As per Bob E of Flex NA the XCE will not replace the 3401. It will just be another tool in the line up

I love my 3401 and I know it's a solid machine. The rotation only bothered me for the first time using the machine after that it was smooth sailing.

Here is my 3401
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post

Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

XCE is essentially just going to be a flex 3401 in a Xfe7 body

I've been hearing wintertime(Nov) for release

Post Thanks / Like

Well, due to my negative experience with the XFE, (returned to AG for a full refund) I won't even be sitting on the fence to get this XCE. The 3401 has been my workhorse & will continue to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    The 3401 has been my workhorse & will continue to be.
    one really can't go wrong with the 3401, the QC and track record has proven itself over many years. if i owned a shop/business this is one tool that i wouldn't be without...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I don't know why they have it rotate counter clockwise. I'm sure somewhere there's a reason for right or left handed people but I'm a righty and have zero issues. I often swap left to right depending on what part of the car I'm working on and to reduce fatigue.

The 3401 works awesome. I can't stress how much of a time saver it's been for me. I simply love that it never bogs or stalls like most all other DA's that are not forced rotation ones will do. That to me had me kicking myself for not buying the Flex years ago.
    I'm a lefty, and I don't have any issue using it. I LOVE the forced rotation as the machine literally does the work lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKorch630 View Post
    I'm a lefty, and I don't have any issue using it. I LOVE the forced rotation as the machine literally does the work lol
    Never had any issues with the reverse rotation either. I've decided to get another 3401 in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Never had any issues with the reverse rotation either. I've decided to get another 3401 in the future.
    Are you a time traveler or something? Lol😛

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting to hear more about this machine. Seems like a refined version of the existing forced rotation machine would be very interesting

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast