autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Nissan 370 Z Griots G21 HD Adapt 7 HD Poxy

Thanks, it was a fun job and HD Adapt lived up to it's billing for sure.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    My title should read HD Adapt and HD Poxy

So my neighbor got a barely used dealer demo 2014 370Z in Black Flake a few months ago. He's a great guy and had admired the care I put into my GC. He texted me yesterday and asked if I was interested in detailing his Z and of course I said yes.

My original plan was to use my Rupes Duetto, HD Polish and Poxy.

But after washing it and seeing the real condition of the paint I had my doubts if this would be aggressive enough.

I did a test spot with the Duetto, HD Polish and Rupes green pad and results were mixed, maybe 70% correction. I switched to a Buff and Shine orange pad and got slightly better results but still only about 75%.

So having never used my HD Adapt and having read good things about it on the forum I gave it a try on the B&S orange pad and got about 85%.

So I figured maybe I'll bust out the BOSS!!!! I do love my Duetto because it's so light and easy to maneuver, but the other issue was all the curves on the Z and stalling.

So after a test spot with the G21, B&S Orange Pad and HD Adapt I would say I got about 90-95% correction which is awesome for a one step.

I used my Rupes Mini with a Green Rupes pad with HD Adapt for all the tight areas. The Mini is the Man!! It's a great tool and I highly recommend it.

HD Adapt is awesome stuff. Exceptional working time and great correction ability. It lives up to it's name for sure.

Tires were cleaned with Mothers Wheel Cleaner, Wheel Woolies and finished off with 3D Ultra Protectant.

Interior dressed with my all time favorite Chemical Guys Silk Shine.

Door jams wiped with 3D Waterless wash.

And the results:

Before:

After:

Looks great bro! So is HD Adapt a more aggressive AIO compared to speed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
    Looks great bro! So is HD Adapt a more aggressive AIO compared to speed?
    First thank you.

HD Adapt is not an AIO it's an amazing polish. Please note I used HD Poxy as the last step protection. Please see my original post of products, machines and steps, pads etc. at the beginning of this thread.

3D HD Adapt

Following on that link, with HD Apapt technology (check out what Mike P and the and did with the 3D products on that barn find T-Bird)if you were so inclined to want to invest the extra time you could do a two step with it with different pad combos and get some extra super shine or "jeweling" but based upon the above results why invest the extra time. The super cool thing about "Adapt" is when performing your initial test spot that's when you dial in your one step that delivers the best result. Pad combo is key. All I can say is to achieve those results with an orange pad on a G21 with a 5" bp and standard 5.5" B & S Pads says it all. My personal search has and always will be to identify the polish that is the most user friendly, easiest to use and remove corrects and finishes down in one step on trashed paint. FG-400 was on the top of my list until I tried Adapt. They are in different worlds.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

First thank you.

HD Adapt is not an AIO it's an amazing polish. Please note I used HD Poxy as the last step protection. Please see my original post of products, machines and steps, pads etc. at the beginning of this thread.

3D HD Adapt

Following on that link, with HD Apapt technology (check out what Mike P and the and did with the 3D products on that barn find T-Bird)if you were so inclined to want to invest the extra time you could do a two step with it with different pad combos and get some extra super shine or "jeweling" but based upon the above results why invest the extra time. The super cool thing about "Adapt" is when performing your initial test spot that's when you dial in your one step that delivers the best result. Pad combo is key. All I can say is to achieve those results with an orange pad on a G21 with a 5" bp and standard 5.5" B & S Pads says it all. My personal search has and always will be to identify the polish that is the most user friendly, easiest to use and remove corrects and finishes down in one step on trashed paint. FG-400 was on the top of my list until I tried Adapt. They are in different worlds.
    Good info here. I'll def pick some up. I should def expand my pad selection. I just have megs thin buffing, polishing and finishing pads and some LC hybrid cutting polishing and finishing pads and some megs mf cutting disc. Any recommendations on new pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
    Good info here. I'll def pick some up. I should def expand my pad selection. I just have megs thin buffing, polishing and finishing pads and some LC hybrid cutting polishing and finishing pads and some megs mf cutting disc. Any recommendations on new pads?
    Based upon what you have already that's hard for me to say. I haven't used any of those. This might be a great opportunity for you to use them with Adapt and provide the forum with some feedback with those pads.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Based upon what you have already that's hard for me to say. I haven't used any of those. This might be a great opportunity for you to use them with Adapt and provide the forum with some feedback with those pads.
    Def will. Washed clayed and filled the scratch with touch up today. Will be working on the paint tom

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Nissan 370 Z Griots G21 HD Adapt 7 HD Poxy

Yeah I feel I needed more options when it comes to dialing in the best process for correction. 105 and megs foam cutting disc followed by 205 with a foam megs polishing disc worked great but just too long of a process for what I was getting paid. Another thing is, I think I'm going to have to do a better job at knowing what's best for the customer. I only charged him 300. I wasn't able to go the whole way with the 105 and 205. I just did my best without rushing(the car looked great if say 85% of the swirls came out, the car was thrashed). I don't think the customer understood that if he wanted me to get the best possible result it would have taken hours longer (already put 10 hours into it) which means more money. Idk maybe I just need to get better at making sure the customer understands the process. I'm still just trying to get back into paint correction. It's been about two years. I know I have some learning to do.
    Long story short he wants to pay me half of the original quote....

Post Thanks / Like

wow i did my black suv yesterday and it took me twelve hours to was, clay, finishing polish, glaze, wax. i had a few problems that slowed me down but not much. im still not done

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345