autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Velocity-Vac and Tornador Black?

I would like to increase my interior cleaning efficiency and results by adding a Tornador Black and maybe a Tornador Velocity-Vac attachment.

I do not have an extractor machine and am considering buying a heated professional unit at some point, but the cost for a good unit is deterring me at the moment.

So I'm thinking of getting a Black and possibly the Vac attachment for now to speed up my process. If I continue to grow, I will add the extractor as I go and I believe the Black would be a good compliment to it.

I do have a 30 gal compressor that is large and loud.

Does this seem like a good route?

Does anyone use the Tornador Velocity-Vac?

Is it cumbersome with two hoses being attached?

Hard to get into some areas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador Velocity-Vac and Tornador Black?

When I started my business, I used an extractor. I felt there must be a better way. I never liked the results I got. Had to use harsh chemicals to remove stains.

Then I bought a steamer for somethings it is a go to machine.

Out of boredom sometimes I just browse the different vendors AG has. Looking at all the things I don't have and looking for stuff that looks like it would make money.

One day I say the Tornador Black. WOW. I called the manufacture to find out what size air compressor I would need.

Dennis (owner of the company) was a very helpful person and easy to speak to. I told him I was a mobile detailer and how I ran my business. He was very frank with me that the Black need 4.5 CFM or more for full hard use on very dirty cars.

I searched hard and bought a DeWALT 20 gal 4.7 CFM at 90 psi.

What I did not know at the time many clients would not have a 15AMP at the plug. I tripped a lot of circuit breakers. Finley I bought a Champion generator, dual fuel. I did not was gasoline fumes inside my truck. I have a 30lbs propane tank and it generates 6000 watts all day long.

This was the best decision I have ever made. The Torndor is an ass kicking machine. Forgive my language.

I have bought the vac atachmet however I have not used it as of yet. When you start using the Black you will live in fear every day that it could fail. Why? Because of how well it works. I have been using it now for 15 months and will not leave home without it.

Sorry for the long post. If you buy one and do not like it PM me I will buy it from you for a spare.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ShineDoc, no problem with a long post.

Yeah, I have seen quite a few treads and videos that make it look amazing! Just blasting stains away.

Do you still use your extractor much?

I like to get a somewhat smaller and much quieter compressor. Someone posted oil-less one not to long ago that was nice and quiet, it might have been a bit small though.

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of the extractor one month after using my Tornador and have never looked back. No need, no use. 98% of the time I only use water with the Tornador- it is a stain-eating machine. However, you WILL need a shop vac to remove the debris and filth it extracts. Do not skip getting a shop vac. Hence, the vac attachment should be a big winner. I just have not had a chance to attach it and try it out yet. I will definitely bookmark your post and get back to you once I've had a chance to try the vac attachment. I hope you will do the same and best of luck to you. I cannot say enough good things about the Tornador. I believe in it with my career that much. Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

...so def woud need a generator with the tornador black w/ shop attachment(air compressor and dp shop vac) since those two would put it aound 20amps..

dang its like 1 purchase leads to another, that leads to another lol

would love to give this ago myself

Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Velocity-Vac and Tornador Black are awesome, but make no mistake, they will not replace a good hot water carpet extractor. We to a ton of interiors out of my shop and if I didn't have an extractor, i would be screwed since I feel it's a vital must have tool for rat nasty interiors.