autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Connecting AR390SS to underbody wand and foam cannon

I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to connect my pressure washer, an AR Blue Clean AR390SS, with two accessories. I've carefully read several threads in these forums but am still stumped, and haven't gotten a reply to my customer service email to AR yet. Would very much appreciate any advice.

First, I want to connect the spray tips that came with the pressure washer to the AR underbody wand (part PWMVUBL)--the black wand with the silver outlet in the photo below. The outlet has a female-threaded opening. I have seen specs for the outlet given as 1/4 inch female NPT. The spray tips use a quick connect coupler like the plug shown in the photo. So I figured I needed the rightmost item in the photo, a 1/4 MNPT quick coupler socket, to screw into the end of the wand to receive the male coupler plugs on the spray tips. No such luck: the threads on the male end of the socket only screw into the wand about two turns, or less than a quarter of their depth, even when I apply reasonable torque with a wrench. Do I need a different connector, or is this the right one and I just need to apply unreasonable torque?

Just trying random things I found that the black plastic and brass bayonet connector next to the wand has threads that fit perfectly into the outlet on the wand with no force required--but I have no idea what type of threads those are because this fitting came packaged, unlabeled, as part of an AR foam gun kit. I checked AR's website but it has no specs and no instructions for the foam gun or this adapter. Anybody with more info who can offer enlightenment?

The second thing I want to connect to the PW is the AR foam cannon (at left in the picture). That plastic/brass bayonet fitting screws easily into the inlet on the foam cannon. But instead of a bayonet fitting to connect to the spray gun on the PW, I need something that ends in the same M22 fitting as the lance. Again, any suggestions that would lead me to the right connectors would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connecting AR390SS to underbody wand and foam cannon-image-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Connecting AR390SS to underbody wand and foam cannon

I finally found a solution to making these connections, and I'll leave the information here in case anyone else has the same questions.

1/4 inch male-threaded MNPT fittings can be screwed into the female-threaded sockets on the inlet of the AR foam cannon and the outlet of the AR underbody wand. They only screw in about a third of the way, which I think may indicate that the threaded sockets are a thread standard other than MNPT. But AR customer support told me to just go ahead and use the MNPT fittings. Tightened securely with a wrench and plumber's tape, they're enough to keep the fittings together and leak-free.

So to connect the foam cannon to the end of the pressure washer's spray wand, you need a coupler that's 1/4inch MNPT male threads on one side, and standard 1/4inch quick connect plug on the other side.

To connect spray tips to the outlet of the underbody wand, you need a coupler that's 1/4inch MNPT male threads on one side and a 1/4 quick connect socket on the other.