autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reload Help!!!

I have(in my opinion) mastered the CQuartz over the counter game, doing several coating applications of both CQuartz and CQuartz UK... However The struggle comes with applying CarPro reload on dark cars after a coating has been applied. I have tried the original formula, the original formula diluted 1:1, the new formula, and the new formula diluted 1:1 and always end up furious with my results! My last incident was on a black Toyota Camry. Full paint correction, compound, Polish, coating and the car looked flawless. I let the coating cure for 1.5hrs and went to give it the final wipe down with reload... Smears and streaks everywhere! I've attempted applying less and applying more... Using 2 towels and one... Working small and large areas. For some reason my results never improve. What tips and tricks do the reload users have for dark colored applications(no problems on white and silver). Any and all tips, tricks, and advice is appreciated!
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload Help!!!

How are you applying? Some say to apply to a MF Towel, then wipe onto the paint.

And I think if you have some streaking, which is probably high spots where more product has been applied, try coming behind with a soft damp MF Towel.

I've used both v2013 and the latest on the market and have no trouble with either. And on dark paint.

Just a couple of weeks ago in fact I tried an oddball use, and did a couple of panels with v2015 Reload right on top of Collinite 476 just for kicks to see what would happen. No problems at all.

I'd go on to say weather conditions, but would believe if you can apply CQuartz or CQuartz UK, you should be also fine with Reload after.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried applying to the towel... That may be the trick I need. I have tried and generally use two towels... One(wet) to spread and a fresh dry towel to buff/finish.

My thoughts exactly... I can apply the coatings with no problem... So why is the touch up spray such a problem?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I never had any luck with Reload on my dark blue car or my neighbor's black car. I know I'm not the only one who shares the opinion that Reload streaks no matter what the dilution is.

Now, Avi (I believe) showed a video applying Reload in which is was VERY generously applied directly to the car. This was the video I think. It was a comparison of 2013 v 2014 Reload. But, skip to about 1:25 and see how generously it is applied.

I tried that, but I still got streaking. I must have been doing something wrong, but in my mind, if I have to try something multiple ways, it's better for me to move on.

I had better luck with Gtechniq C1.5, C2v3 and 22PLE Final Coat for this sort of thing.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I never had any luck with Reload on my dark blue car or my neighbor's black car. I know I'm not the only one who shares the opinion that Reload streaks no matter what the dilution is.

Now, Avi (I believe) showed a video applying Reload in which is was VERY generously applied directly to the car. This was the video I think. It was a comparison of 2013 v 2014 Reload. But, skip to about 1:25 and see how generously it is applied.

I actually watched this exact video during my last application struggle.

Although as I watch it this time... Reload is heavily applied and more guided around the panel initially than it is rubbed in, then followed this a fresh towel to buff high or excess spots. Maybe this is my problem? Idk

I agree with your statement above... If I fail with a new product more than once it's sometimes best to move on, however, I also see this one as a challenge. It's a lot like my golf game...I can't just purchase new clubs to be good, you have to know how to properly swing the clubs.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I have been away from Carpro for awhile but I thought the last thing I read was to not use it on a freshly coated car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have been away from Carpro for awhile but I thought the last thing I read was to not use it on a freshly coated car?

That could be the case. Going off the CQuartzUK label, it should be used 30mins after install of CQuartzUK

Directions:

Wash and dry vehicle. Use CarPro Iron X to decontaminate the paint.
    Remove any polishing oils with CarPro Eraser.
    Apply Cquartz UK Edition with the supplied applicator.
    Spread Cquartz UK Edition in a criss-cross or circular motion until surface feels dry.
    Buff off using a CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloth.
    Use CarPro Reload after 30 minutes to prevent water spotting during dry time.
    Full hardness is achieved in 24 hours.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

No, wait 4 hours. Then spray 3-4 sprays on a MF towel and then wipe it on with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    That could be the case. Going off the CQuartzUK label, it should be used 30mins after install of CQuartzUK

Directions:

Wash and dry vehicle. Use CarPro Iron X to decontaminate the paint.
    Remove any polishing oils with CarPro Eraser.
    Apply Cquartz UK Edition with the supplied applicator.
    Spread Cquartz UK Edition in a criss-cross or circular motion until surface feels dry.
    Buff off using a CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloth.
    Use CarPro Reload after 30 minutes to prevent water spotting during dry time.
    Full hardness is achieved in 24 hours.
    I think Corey has recommended at least one hour dry time of CQuartz before applying Reload.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast