autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting my own mobile detailing business!

Hey guys my name is Dylan and I am 23 years old and just starting my own detailing business. I just ordered all my supplies majority is Meguiars Professional products and I believe I have everything I need to begin. I got the name of it legal and all I have to do is purchase insurance and I should be ready. I have been detailing on the side for about 6 months now and have done to what I think some very good work. All the customers I have now do nothing but talk on how great of a job I do. I work full time at the moment but I am trying to break off and focus on detailing full time but I know I need a lot more customers first. I made a facebook page and I should be getting my business cards in the mail tomorrow along with magnets for my Silverado. I been reading a lot of these threads and the info is really helping. Is there any tips you guys can throw at me to maybe kick start the business faster or some tips and tricks I should know in this business? Thank you for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting my own mobile detailing business!

Continue to out do yourself as far as quality and the word will spread.There is no overnight success in this industry.as far as kickstarting offer some sort of monthly maintenance,then as the months or years go by wean yourself off and just do the detailing.Dont start on advertising low cost services you will find that you have a lot of clients but not enough money.stick to your guns as you feel what you are worth don't go down the discount road ,it's harder to recover from that best of luck and congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with GSKR. Determine a fair/profitable/competitive rate and stick with it. I experienced it in the computer consulting world. Best of luck and make sure it is fun.

EDIT:
    Also determine a minimum time/fee for any job so people don't just come by for a 'once over'.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot I appreciate the info. I have been working on my prices and I have learned to offer a few different packages while staying competitive with the well known retailers in the area. I did not think of the maintenance idea I will defiantly use that. That's again

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Dylan

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your decision to branch out. It takes a lot of hard work. All the advice that has been given is great and I'm sure you will do well. Hopefully I will be following your path in the next year. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Facebook and website, yesterday. Update them constantly and share your facebook posts with local swap and trading groups. Facebook ads to specified clientel you are trying to target. Photograph everything you do, from start to finish. Take photos of yourself, you are the face of your business, not the cars you clean.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com