autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard time removing Uber

I finally used my Uber All in One over the weekend on a client's car. Though it went on easy, smelled nice and polished well, it was TERRIBLY hard to take off.
    I don't know if I used too much or what. I applied it in my garage. It was 65 degrees and low humidity.
    Any suggestions would be great. Thx.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard time removing Uber

I bought it not to long ago and have only done two test spots on my farm truck.

From reading up on it they say it's best to wipe the residue off in a minute or less.

I bought it for its claimed protection and cut, though I thought it would have cut a little better with how far it is up on the polish chart. But then again, two test spots on one vehicle is not really fair judgement.

What did you think of it besides the difficulty to remove?

Post Thanks / Like

Thx... at first I tried removing a section immediately, but it seemed so greasy and just smeared, so the rest I let sit for a bit. That didn't work well either.

I liked the polishing it did- took out some superficial swirls with ease. And I liked the smell.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

The few times I have used it I enjoyed the long working time and I thought it wiped easily. I even tried it with denim pads with no issues. What pad, machine, paint were you on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    The few times I have used it I enjoyed the long working time and I thought it wiped easily. I even tried it with denim pads with no issues. What pad, machine, paint were you on?
    I complete cleaned, IronX'd and clayed the paint before. It was a 2011 Black MINI Cooper Clubman. Black was metallic. All cool to the touch being in the garage.

I used an orange Hybrid pad with my Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I complete cleaned, IronX'd and clayed the paint before. It was a 2011 Black MINI Cooper Clubman. Black was metallic. All cool to the touch being in the garage.

I used an orange Hybrid pad with my Flex.

Was there any residual moisture in the pad from cleaning? I have had problems with a few polishes that were very hard to remove if there was any moisture in the pad. At least for me, hybrids hold a lot of water and need to be spun at high speed if you are using a pad washer on the fly
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I use it outside in the heat no promblems wiping it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Was there any residual moisture in the pad from cleaning? I have had problems with a few polishes that were very hard to remove if there was any moisture in the pad. At least for me, hybrids hold a lot of water and need to be spun at high speed if you are using a pad washer on the fly
    Brand new pad out of the wrapper.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if this stuff is close to the same formulation as Menz 3-n-1 as Wolfgang has noted they share some commonalities with Menzerna and it came out around the same time frame. I have used that and I wiped it off as I went along. It wasn't overly difficult to wipe off but I definitely got the feeling I needed to use it like a polish and wipe it off as I went along. I definitely prefer HD Speed over the Menzerna aio. I leave it on and wipe it off after finishing the whole vehicle and wipe off is a dream. I haven't used my Menz since picking up HD Speed 8 months ago.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I had same problem with Menzerna 3 n 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast