autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New website

Post Thanks / Like

New website

Hey guys...

First off thanks in advance for any comments and feedback you can provide. I am just starting out and am excited to hear some constructive criticism!!

I have done about 10-15 vehicles so far since starting out about 3 weeks ago. Mostly friends and family, and now word has gotten out to some neighbours and friends of friends so I am really having a great time. Marketing wise I have not done much so far. I have a Facebook page and business cards. I also have a lawn sign I put up when I am working at someone's house.

I would really appreciate if you can take a look at my website. Here in Guelph, Canada, we have a couple of detailing shops but no mobile guys at all. Hoping to carve out a niche. My website is currently with Vistaprint and I am not sure if I am going to be continuing it past the free trial. Again, please let me know what you think and thank you so much!!

Pete's Pro Detailing

I am hoping to get a DA shortly and start practicing so I can expand my services.

Pete
    Pete's Pro Mobile Detailing
    "Keepin' the Shine in the 519"
    519-546-9277 | www.petesprodetailing.ca | www.facebook.com/petesprodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New website

I don't want to sound like a jerk but it's a complete mess on the iPhone. You'll need to fix the mobile version within the website builder. It was impossible for me to navigate to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks medicscott!! You dont sound like a jerk at all. The fonts kept getting messed up on the mobile version. I will go in there and tweak. Thanks for taking a look.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah pics block all the page content when on phone
    check out yola for website
    But then again...think I used dream weaver a d uploaded file versus their page editor..

Post Thanks / Like

Looks decent. One thing I don't get though, is you have that nice detailed motorcycle near the top, then another nice detailed car near the top, a tire getting cleaned on the bottom, and in the middle you got a trashed car interior? I don't want to see that! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    Looks decent. One thing I don't get though, is you have that nice detailed motorcycle near the top, then another nice detailed car near the top, a tire getting cleaned on the bottom, and in the middle you got a trashed car interior? I don't want to see that! lol
    Whoa something happened to the site... shouldnt be set up like that. Must have pressed something. Shite.

Post Thanks / Like

K Vistaprint is messing me around - even when i preview the page in the "builder" it is still coming up completely unformatted. Has anyone seen this before? May have to jump ship during my free month and go somewhere else a bit more stable.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked it out and it does look kinda wonky. I have no idea what vista print is like for websites as I haven't seen anyone else use them before, but I'd probably go with one of the more common website builders. There's a bunch of threads on here about places other detailers use.

I'm personally a Squarespace user and absolutely love it and it's pretty easy to make a pretty professional looking site. Good luck with it!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I think it updated properly - I am still playing around. Can you take another look? I may jump ship to Squarespace or Wordpress shortly...

Pete's Pro Detailing

Thanks again guys!

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a jerk, but I don't think anyone cares about your family. See, that sounds awful, right? When I go to a website of any kind, I need simple information. I need a few pics of your work, and a description of what you do. Put the family pics on Facebook. That's what it's for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast