autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

Can Pinnacle Black Label Paint Sealant be used after using Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion without using IPA?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

That's a great question, interested to hear the answer, or whether you will need to use the Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that you would want to avoid the glazing component of the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. The Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant has looked great on every color I have tried it on.

Post Thanks / Like

I've spoken to the folks at Pinnacle about this very topic. They recommend doing your paint correction step with their compound or swirl remover then using black label surface cleaning polish and nothing else. I used car pro eraser and the rep over the phone told me NOT to do that. The polish preps the paint perfectly for the coating to bond to the paint. One time I ran out of black label polish and used their traditional advanced finishing polish (has a greyish color) and I feel I got the exact same results. Their coating is super super easy to apply. Just have a good quality microfiber to hit the high spots. I fell in love with Girots Garage speed shine microfibers that auto zone sells...they had a sale $13.99/3 pack. I bought every package they had. Those towels IMO are AWESOME.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I've spoken to the folks at Pinnacle about this very topic. They recommend doing your paint correction step with their compound or swirl remover then using black label surface cleaning polish and nothing else. I used car pro eraser and the rep over the phone told me NOT to do that. The polish preps the paint perfectly for the coating to bond to the paint. One time I ran out of black label polish and used their traditional advanced finishing polish (has a greyish color) and I feel I got the exact same results. Their coating is super super easy to apply. Just have a good quality microfiber to hit the high spots. I fell in love with Girots Garage speed shine microfibers that auto zone sells...they had a sale $13.99/3 pack. I bought every package they had. Those towels IMO are AWESOME.
    The OP is referring to Black Label Sealant not the coating. I'd see no reason why you can't apply the sealant after the cleansing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    The OP is referring to Black Label Sealant not the coating. I'd see no reason why you can't apply the sealant after the cleansing polish.
    Sorry. I was referring to the coating by mistake. Read the thread wrong. If anyone cares how to apply their coating, the answer is above. Sorry for the confusion!