autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek TV Show

Why doesn't someone pitch a detailing show to the Discovery Channel Group? It could run on Velocity. Something like Fast and Loud or Graveyard Cars (without the aholes). I think with the right personalities it could work. They could take cars that are in bad condition and make show cars out of them or sell them to Wayne Carini. I could be sponsored by Meguires, AG, Flex, basically all the detail products out there. Now that is a show I would watch!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek TV Show

I've thought the same thing , specially considering have you seen these "restored" cars when they're finished and pull them out side when sun hits them ? Even Barret-Jackson you can see swirls galore .. I think its a cool idea bro

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this March 20, 2015 and it took AG this long to use my idea. Good luck Mike, I will be watching your show. Great minds think alike! Shouldn't I get creator credits or royalties. Lol.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I posted this March 20, 2015 and it took AG this long to use my idea. Good luck Mike, I will be watching your show. Great minds think alike! Shouldn't I get creator credits or royalties. Lol.
    Great minds do think a like!

This "concept" has been in the oven (oven meaning Bob's head ) for a couple years now, and came to fruition last fall when Bob started presenting the idea to the Velocity Network.

Autogeek (Bob) and Velocity Network have established a great relationship thanks to our support of shows like Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carini, My Classic Car with Dennis Gage, Garage Squad with Bruno Massel, TruckU with Bruno Massel and Matt Steel. For this reason among several others, the idea to make Competition Ready a reality was a no brainer. It was only icing on the cake that our own Mike Phillips fits the bill as being the perfect host. Not only is Mike passionate about car care and detailing, he is a genuine car guy in the real world.

We're all humbled to have this opportunity, and absolutely thrilled that it's finally public.

You guys are going to love this show.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an air schedule yet?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Is there an air schedule yet?
    March 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike's show will be great but I would also like to see a special show where Mike hires teams (lets say 3 teams) that are given $3000 to purchase a car that needs to be reconditioned. The teams will recondition the cars and send them to a dealer auction and see which team can make the most profit. They would have one week to get the cars ready before the next auction. The 3 teams would bring badly neglected cars back to life and make a profit for their charity, and Autogeek could match the profit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Mike's show will be great but I would also like to see a special show where Mike hires teams (lets say 3 teams) that are given $3000 to purchase a car that needs to be reconditioned. The teams will recondition the cars and send them to a dealer auction and see which team can make the most profit. They would have one week to get the cars ready before the next auction. The 3 teams would bring badly neglected cars back to life and make a profit for their charity, and Autogeek could match the profit.
    That would be an interesting idea, but would have to be the same car to be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

No thats what would make the competition that more exiting. the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward. Remember its not about taking the same car and seeing who does the best work, its about taking a 3,000 poorly neglected beater and seeing who can generate a profit. Skills are skills. as long as they're all the same class of car, (mid-size sedan, 1/4 ton pickup, etc...) are going to bring about the same at auction, regardless of make and model. Perhaps the rules could say "seek out a 3,000 Honda Accord" but that in and of itself would take too much time depending on what market the show is being filmed in. The show would almost have to supply the cars and there would have to be some competition to see who gets to pick which one of the cars they want to do first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    I say they have 3 hrs instead of a week,take a single stage down right filth,dog riddled hair bomb car and see the quickest most effective results.