autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!

Yeah we only got a foot that storm, lol. Got 2 feet the week before.

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!-imageuploadedbyagonline1423247502-456824-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
    Yeah we only got a foot that storm, lol. Got 2 feet the week before.

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!-imageuploadedbyagonline1423247502-456824-jpg
    Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post

Fixed! Think I'll leave the SnowJoe fully extended for the rest of the winter.
    How does the scraper attach to the pole? I couldn't see that part in the pictures.
    From this photo the pole doesn't look like it has any special features for attaching the scraper. I'm thinking I could just replace the pole with a standard extendable pole from the hardware store if it becomes an issue. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

just my opinion for those whom may be CAUTIOUS of using a product such as the SNOW JOE or SNOWBRUM just take and wrap a microfiber towel around blue foam and go to work, I too own and use a SNOW JOE (WITHOUT ISSUE FOR PAST TWO YEARS NOW)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    How does the scraper attach to the pole? I couldn't see that part in the pictures.
    From this photo the pole doesn't look like it has any special features for attaching the scraper. I'm thinking I could just replace the pole with a standard extendable pole from the hardware store if it becomes an issue. What do you think?
    Great question! Let's find out!!

On the left is the SnowJoe pole, on the right my painters extension pole from Lowes:

And it fits!

Whoa! 8ft of SnowJoe!

Plus the foam head still clips on the side for easy storage:

Excellent solution! Thanks for posing the question, BlueBeast14GT

Post Thanks / Like

Plus the foam head still clips on the side for easy storage:
    I didn't even think about this, nice!

And it fits!
    That's great that the threading matches! They looked pretty different in that first picture, had me worried haha.

But, I think I was unclear about what I was trying to do...

I was actually wondering if we could take that scraper off and put it on the replacement pole as well. That way it's still all Snow Joe, broom + scraper, we just replaced the defective pole.
    It looks like there's a handle on the end of your painting pole, so I don't know if it even has a hole at the end. If it does, could you try snapping the scraper into the painting pole?
    Sorry I wasn't clear about that, I really appreciate you taking the time to test this out. At the very least, I now know I can put the broom on a working extendable pole and still conveniently store it, so thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    I was actually wondering if we could take that scraper off and put it on the replacement pole as well. That way it's still all Snow Joe, broom + scraper, we just replaced the defective pole.
    It looks like there's a handle on the end of your painting pole, so I don't know if it even has a hole at the end. If it does, could you try snapping the scraper into the painting pole?

Sorry I wasn't clear about that, I really appreciate you taking the time to test this out. At the very least, I now know I can put the broom on a working extendable pole and still conveniently store it, so thank you!
    You're very welcome.

Regarding the scraper, yes you probably could force the original scraper end onto the new pole. But as you noticed, my painters pole has a handle on the end so an exact fit test isn't possible. Sorry!

Honestly, I prefer using a small handheld scraper over the SnowJoe's scraper end. IMHO, smaller scrapers are just easier to use vs maneuvering around a scraper located at the far end of a long pole.

Additionally, I'll pretreat heavy ice build up with Prestone de icer before I start scraping away ice, doing so makes the process a whole lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like

You're very welcome.

Regarding the scraper, yes you probably could force the original scraper end onto the new pole. But as you noticed, my painters pole has a handle on the end so an exact fit test isn't possible. Sorry!

Honestly, I prefer using a small handheld scraper over the SnowJoe's scraper end. IMHO, smaller scrapers are just easier to use vs maneuvering around a scraper located at the far end of a long pole.

Additionally, I'll pretreat heavy ice build up with Prestone de icer before I start scraping away ice, doing so makes the process a whole lot easier.
    That's cool, I'll just have to try it myself

I agree about the small scraper, and I plan on getting this combo. But in heavier snow, it will be harder to reach the middle of the windshield with that thing without leaning into the snow, hence the appeal of the long scraper. But thanks a lot for all the help man! I can't wait to try this thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a SnowJoe for Christmas and I love it. Makes clearing the truck quick and much easier than my old snow brush. I had the same problem with the pole getting locked in place. I found that if when I extended the pole, and then pushed it in an inch or so, I could tighten the pole in place without it locking up on me. Next year I'll pick up another one for my wife's car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    I'd love to see the finish under a good light. I can't wrap my brain around products like these not leaving some type of damage. It is just something about dragging a piece of foam across the paint with no real lube that has me thinking there must be some fine scratches.

I'm sure a lot of it is how the product is used. I see a lot of damage from the stiff plastic bristle snow brushes every spring.

Anything has to be better than a regular broom, though!

Or even using a *gasp* shovel!

I've seen all of these this winter. My neighbor is even using his swiffer mop to clear his car off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast