autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading my 2013 Toyota Rav4 ltd for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 ---- Thoughts????

Hi there everyone…. so I bought my 2013 Rav4 Ltd last year in August, and even though i am happy with it, I am not in love with it.

There's way more room in it then I'll ever need and i'm not a huge fan of all the black plastic exterior cladding that seems to take up a third of the vehicle. lol

The other thing that has always irked me is how high it sits….

I've been wanting to get some coilovers to drop it a few inches since day 1, but never got around to it ….and now that i'm having second thoughts about the vehicle, I don't want to put anymore money into it.

Just wondering what your thoughts are and whether you would trade if you had the option?

15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading my 2013 Toyota Rav4 ltd for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 ---- Thoughts????

I'd trade it simply because I don't like Toyota. The Accord V6 is fast, but I think I'd go with a Passat V6 which feels a bit more luxurious.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading my 2013 Toyota Rav4 ltd for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 ---- Thoughts????

You're gonna lose your tail on the trade but you probably know that already.

Post Thanks / Like

if you aren't happy everyday driving it then you know what to do. if it's worth losing a little (or more then you might think) on the rav4 then go for it if it doesn't bother you. btw, the new accords are very nice. just make sure to go to the dealership and test drive one before you make the decision...

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 - it's a fantastic car and quick. I have driven several current RAV4's as rental cars. You will appreciate the upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the input…

@Visitor, I won't mind losing the extra space as I never use it in the Rav4 anyways.

Just spoke to the wifey and I think I'm going down to the dealership on Monday to test drive one for the first time

@Sbmin, thanks for the input, thats what I needed to hear!
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the accord, very nice ride

Post Thanks / Like

Check out a Mazda CX5

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Motor Trend just did a Review on the new Accord that may help you gather more information...
    Honda has always had a great reputation and they are all so easy to work on..
    They dont ask for much to keep them running compared to say any German car.. Ask me how I know..
    They really look so much better as the years have gone by, and I have also read that they are really fast compared to many others..

I think Motor Trend liked the Accord but liked the Mazda 3 or the 5 more still..

Good luck ! This is going to be fun !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I helped my fiancé buy a 14 EX-L V6. It is white with the light cream leather.

I always thought white cars were easy to maintain but holy crap you see every little piece of everything when washing it. It takes longer than my slate Tundra! We live by the beach but the amount of fallout that you see in the white is disturbing. I could Iron X it monthly and have the car turn purple even with protection on it.

I love the car though. The car MOVES if you want it to. We leave it in Eco mode for daily driving and road trips. We just went from SoCal to SF and back and got about 33.5 mpg for the trip.

The blind spot camera is a nice feature and the front collision warning system is actually very good. It is impressive. We keep the lane departure system turned off though. The LED tail lights and headlights on the EX-L are sleek looking too.

If you have any questions about it let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeremy Lockhart | Newport Beach, CA | Orange County Web Development | CrossFit Words

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast