autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel techniqe

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel techniqe

I am not sure if this is considered a wheel cleaning technique, or maybe a bad habit, but here's my question.

I was going to use the Mothers wheel cleaning brush for my tires, obviously. Can this brush be doubled up and used on both the rims, and the tires? Or is it better to use two different brushes for this? It says "wheel" brush, so does that mean the whole wheel, the rim, or just the tire?
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 09-20-2019 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Link to Amazon
    2019 Chevy Equinox (daily driver)
    1963 VW Beetle Rag Top (weekend driver)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel techniqe

I use a stiffer (Tuf Shine) brush for the tires, and a (multiple) softer brushes for the wheels

3. Likes ducksfan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For maintance washes in between when you apply the tire dressing or tire coating. Absolutely a brush that's softer for the rims works great on the tires too. As briarpatch mentioned the Tuf Shine Tire Brush is an awesome tire brush for getting the tires deeply cleaned. When I use a tire coating I don't use the Tuf Shine brush as it's very aggressive. As most tire brushes with shorter bristles are. So these shorter harder bristle brushes I use when I'm going to apply the tire coating or dressing. Otherwise I use the longer bristle brushes for maintance cleaning. Then I don't useally needs to be useing a tire brush when I have a tire coating on the tires. I get a great cleaning from the prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off the tires thoroughly and that's enough for me. If I see a dirt build up after this I use the longer softer feathered bristle brush with the wheel cleaner which useally also is needed to be done then. Just like the Mothers Wheel Brush.

Here's the link to the Mothers Wheel Brush on AGO.

Mothers Wheel Brush makes cleaning your wheels more comfortable with a rubberized grip. Clean your wheels with Mothers Car Care Products!

/ Tony

5. Likes vincec liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crankbait09 View Post
    I am not sure if this is considered a wheel cleaning technique, or maybe a bad habit, but here's my question.

I was going to use the Mothers wheel cleaning brush for my tires, obviously. Can this brush be doubled up and used on both the rims, and the tires? Or is it better to use two different brushes for this? It says "wheel" brush, so does that mean the whole wheel, the rim, or just the tire?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H21TGL3P&psc=1

In the AG world of detailing a wheel brush means the face of the wheel (rim) including the barrels. A tire brush is for scrubbing the tires.

On a coated tire a much softer brush such as the Mothers wheel brush could be used as you not trying to remove the coating, but just the surface dirt and brake dust.

I often clean my coated tires and coated wheels with a mf towel and a waterless wash.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I see.....thank you for the responses. So it sounds like both brushes are needed, especially at first when trying to deeply clean the tire. Then the softer bristle brush to maintain.

so let me ask this, in regards to the barrels. I am certainly no detailer, other than cleaning my own vehicles. Is it very common for people to actually clean the barrels? I would have never thought to clean the barrel, especially when I can't ever see them. Out of sight, out of mind. Or does this fall in to the category, "If you're gonna do it, do it right, and not half ass".
    2019 Chevy Equinox (daily driver)
    1963 VW Beetle Rag Top (weekend driver)

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see.....thank you for the responses. So it sounds like both brushes are needed, especially at first when trying to deeply clean the tire. Then the softer bristle brush to maintain.
    Exactly. And the brushes aren't really expensive in the long run.

You'll have them for years.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

so let me ask this, in regards to the barrels. I am certainly no detailer, other than cleaning my own vehicles. Is it very common for people to actually clean the barrels? I would have never thought to clean the barrel, especially when I can't ever see them. Out of sight, out of mind. Or does this fall in to the category, "If you're gonna do it, do it right, and not half ass".
    If you were really hard core (anal), you would pull your wheels off to do a thorough job. LOL!!

12. Likes PaulMys, Jayfro, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you were really hard core (anal), you would pull your wheels off to do a thorough job. LOL!!
    Did you just say hardcore anal?

Damn, Rsurfer.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Did you just say hardcore anal?

Damn, Rsurfer.........
    Wheel techniqeWheel techniqeWheel techniqe

15. Likes Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wheel techniqeWheel techniqeWheel techniqe
    Good to see you post. I was just thinking about you, how are you doing?

17. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Jim w liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast