autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DK News

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    LOL, same here, I hate when my seat is moved. My last 2 cars haven't had memory for power seats so anytime someone touches my seat I get pissed off.
    I don't mind so much in an automatic. But driving a manual? I need to be in the same position every time.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/YvpG3fe2llk

Monica what are your thoughts after you watch this video?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Most of what he said is true...

Though I don't agree that the interior is "cheap". But I've never been in a Golf R, so I can't compare. But I personally like the layout.

The bolsters on the seats are very high, so it is a little tricky getting in and out, but it doesn't bother me. I'd rather have a tighter feel once I'm seated vs being able to just flop into a seat.

I've never had an issue connecting my phone.

Gas mileage sucks... but I don't buy cars with that in mind.

I also HATE the auto start. Completely stupid, especially on a manual car.

I like the feel of the car thrashing it through turns. I don't completely agree on the "up high" feeling, but I have my seat low so that may help.

Price point? Sure, it's pricey, but that's an opinion statement. We all think cars are worth this or that.

My brakes have never squeaked. I don't have 14K on the clock, but I've still never heard them. Mine is also a '17 (his was a '16) and I know some improvements were made.

I think it's a great "daily driver". In fact that's why I bought it... to replace 2 cars. It rides very comfortably down the highway. My daily commute is all windy backroads so it's perfect for me.

I still love the car and plan on keeping it for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    https://youtu.be/YvpG3fe2llk

Monica what are your thoughts after you watch this video?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the interior isn't cheap, just not as up to date as the others but he did mention the others are new designs too. I like the fact that the RS ONLY comes as a manual too!

I assume you have the start/stop turned off?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't find it. In fact I find it very modern with the SYNC3 system. The gauges may have a "retro" feel to them but that's about it. Just my opinion.

LOL- I like that too. You have to suck it up and drive a manual if you want it.
    Oh, I forgot to touch on that- I don't feel like the clutch pushes "down". It has some "push-back" to it so it doesn't just moosch to the floor like some other manuals I've driven and I like that. The catch point doesn't float because of this

GOD YES... the first thing I do in my "start up routine" is turn that damn thing off.

TBH if I could change anything about the car it would be that and it would only have 2 doors LOL

I'm sure the interior isn't cheap, just not as up to date as the others but he did mention the others are new designs too. I like the fact that the RS ONLY comes as a manual too!

I assume you have the start/stop turned off?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: DK News

Its really too bad that it doesn't just stay off when you go into the menu, I'd fix that for sure and don't let it default back to the feature working again.

Post Thanks / Like

Its really too bad that it doesn't just stay off when you go into the menu, I'd fix that for sure and don't let it default back to the feature working again.
    Only way to get it permanently off (that I've heard of) is with tunes. But I wasn't planning on getting a tune for the car so I'm SOL. Luckily it's as easy as pushing a button on the center console.

Post Thanks / Like

My car has that stupid auto stop start too. I was able to find a fuse that controls only that feature. Other owners of the same car did the same thing without any negative results. Perhaps yours has the same solution?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check out some forums and see. Thx for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    My car has that stupid auto stop start too. I was able to find a fuse that controls only that feature. Other owners of the same car did the same thing without any negative results. Perhaps yours has the same solution?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

For every car or truck, there are always those naysayers that pick on "this or that". I have seen hundreds of posts on the net saying Ram trucks have "this problem, or this part always breaks...."

90% of people that post things on websites (this site excluded) are just out to air a negative experience. Usually over-exaggerated.

I think those RS's are bad ass, Monica. And if you love it, then to Hell with those "reviews".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 115 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1565105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125165 ... LastLast