autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DK News

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    https://drivetribe.com/p/ford-focus-...&utm_medium=fb
    This seems to be a known and growing issue. The guy that Roger and myself know with the grey RS has all of the symptoms, and took his car to a dealer to have it checked out. No satisfaction, as of yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I’ve read up on this for a while.... seems to be a bit of an issue with the first year they came out. But it’s not as bad as people are making it out, and a lot of people whom this happened to have tuned the car.
    I’m not concerned... my car is stock, will remain stock, and I have a 100k mile warranty. I didn’t buy the car to sink a bunch of money into it. I wanted something that was nice “as-is”, and it is
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I’ve read up on this for a while.... seems to be a bit of an issue with the first year they came out. But it’s not as bad as people are making it out, and a lot of people whom this happened to have tuned the car.
    I’m not concerned... my car is stock, will remain stock, and I have a 100k mile warranty. I didn’t buy the car to sink a bunch of money into it. I wanted something that was nice “as-is”, and it is
    I agree with the tuned part in this. There seems no margin for error, though. I'm glad you were aware of the issue.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing people need to realize is this engine’s tune is already turned up. Once you go past that you are not in a safe place. It just is how it is with these cars. It’s not like other cars where you have room and the manufacturer “de-tuned” it.

I agree with the tuned part in this. There seems no margin for error, though. I'm glad you were aware of the issue.

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

https://drivetribe.com/p/ford-focus-...&utm_medium=fb
    This seems to be a known and growing issue. The guy that Roger and myself know with the grey RS has all of the symptoms, and took his car to a dealer to have it checked out. No satisfaction, as of yet.

Oh no DK News

Btw to each their own, those 1552 Tarmac's are awesome and a custom painted set were up for sale for my car but a little to rich for my blood, so I had to pass. Funny thing is, shortly after this, the O.Z. 45th anniversary wheels came out for my car, as well as VDubs and the rest is history DK News

I've seen the 5 spoke 1552's, which actually called Tarmac's and the ones on the FoRS are called TurboMacs, and those would be my choice because they remind me of the Focus RS wheels found on the 1st gen RS from Europe made my O.Z.

It goes without saying that I hope you have ZERO issues with your car Monica!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, to each their own Roger. Start saving for those wheels!

And thx, I hope I have no issues as well, but if I do I know I’m covered

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Oh no DK News

Btw to each their own, those 1552 Tarmac's are awesome and a custom painted set were up for sale for my car but a little to rich for my blood, so I had to pass. Funny thing is, shortly after this, the O.Z. 45th anniversary wheels came out for my car, as well as VDubs and the rest is history DK News

I've seen the 5 spoke 1552's, which actually called Tarmac's and the ones on the FoRS are called TurboMacs, and those would be my choice because they remind me of the Focus RS wheels found on the 1st gen RS from Europe made my O.Z.

It goes without saying that I hope you have ZERO issues with your car Monica!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm VERY happy with my wheels and people do notice what I was looking to achieve and it's this, give it a factory look so it all blends in like it could've been a factory option.

The wheels that are offered on the RS are pretty nice, there's a set of split 5 spokes for the FoST though, not so much but I love the base Snowflakes though!

Post Thanks / Like

You’re car is pretty rad as-is Roger. In fact I talk about it any time someone brings up Fiat

My wheels aren’t bad- man they are a total PITA to clean though. There are aftermarket ones I like more but I just decided to go with the stock sets offered. I believe OZ makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm VERY happy with my wheels and people do notice what I was looking to achieve and it's this, give it a factory look so it all blends in like it could've been a factory option.

The wheels that are offered on the RS are pretty nice, there's a set of split 5 spokes for the FoST though, not so much but I love the base Snowflakes though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    No offense to anyone who has them, but they are the ugliest wheels I’ve ever seen

And the VW? Ugh.... way to F up a perfectly good car
    ....and an R32 to boot too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: DK News

"See, this is the color that Monica didn't want and it was a GREAT choice!"

Post Thanks / Like

I’m confused...

Was it a great choice I didn’t pick it? Or was that color itself a great choice?

Page 117 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127167 ... LastLast