autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Route 66 Rendezvous

Hi Geeks,

If any of you are around So Cal this weekend you should come check out this car show. It used to be in San Bernardino but they had to move it to Ontario.

Just got back from it and fell in love with all the American muscle there. So many cars to see. It's great for the family.

My girls now want a classic car now. The little one liked a 64 convertible Impala. Said she wants one for her birthday now. The older one liked a 64 mustang. Said she wants that for her 16th birthday.

Kinda brought a tear to my eye! They don't want new cars! They like the old cars better!! I think I taught them well!

Only bad thing is looking at all the swirls in the paint on these beautiful cars. I could even see them at night with low lighting.
    A beautiful 53 fuchsia convertible corvette all swirled out! Brought a tear to my eye and almost made me want to go home and get my buffer out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Route 66 Rendezvous

^ did you take any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

It was spur of the moment thing so all I had was my iPhone. Plus it was pretty crowded to get good shots. If I go tomorrow I'll try to take better pics in the daylight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phimp27 View Post
    A beautiful 53 fuchsia convertible corvette all swirled out! Brought a tear to my eye and almost made me want to go home and get my buffer out.
    It almost brings a tear to my eye to think that someone, that has one of the only 300 '53 Corvettes ever to be built---all Polo White in color---and had it painted in a fuschia color scheme: Sacrilegious!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    It almost brings a tear to my eye to think that someone, that has one of the only 300 '53 Corvettes ever to be built---all Polo White in color---and had it painted in a fuschia color scheme: Sacrilegious!!

Bob
    Lol turned out my dad knows the owner. Went to high school with him. When he owner was rebuilding it they were trying to get him to repainting it orange and black for the high school colors. Now imagine a car like that painted orange and black!