autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinse Free for Coatings?

Any recommendations for rinse free shampoos for coated vehicles? So far Meguiar's Rinse Free Express Wash (D114) is the only one I'm finding that doesn't talk about adding gloss\etc. It's mostly for my personal vehicles, they're both coated with CQuartzUK.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinse Free for Coatings?

There are a few options if you want a rinse-less that leaves nothing behind. Meg's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wolfs Mean Green are the 2 best IMO. For me the Wolfs Mean Green is the better of the 2 and is one of the best Rinse-less washes I have used. Since AG is no longer carrying Wolfs anymore it might be hard to find it though.

Honestly you can (and I do) use ONR quite a bit as well. It is one of the best and it leaves a nice finish. Then every once in a while you can use Reset if you feel like the polymers are effecting your beading / sheeting.

Post Thanks / Like

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm not terribly impressed with Reset for a regular basis, but for a decon wash it seems to work well enough.

Post Thanks / Like

no experience with anything other than ONR, Turtle Rinse Free and ONRWW.

if you are seeing an issue with any of them, do a Dawn wash and add Opti-Seal on top when you are done to fall in love again with ridiculous slickness where the water will just fall off.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    no experience with anything other than ONR, Turtle Rinse Free and ONRWW.

if you are seeing an issue with any of them, do a Dawn wash and add Opti-Seal on top when you are done to fall in love again with ridiculous slickness where the water will just fall off.

Personally I don't suggest Dawn washes anymore and believe the it need to stay in the kitchen, especially since it has been shown and proven that Dawn doesn't really remove protection as well as it use to.

In place of Opti-Seal I would suggest using Reload on CQUK since they are made to work together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Personally I don't suggest Dawn washes anymore and believe the it need to stay in the kitchen, especially since it has been shown and proven that Dawn doesn't really remove protection as well as it use to.

In place of Opti-Seal I would suggest using Reload on CQUK since they are made to work together.
    +1 Leave the Dawn alone, plus its hard on rubber seals and dries them out if not coated.

OP, I use D114 and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is also coated with CQUK. It's been on there for about 6 months now. I just picked up a gallon of Blackfire, and I'm going to try it out tomorrow. So far I've only used TW and ONR, but once I try the BF I will post back my results.

Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly rinse free, but I was thinking about trying chemical guys meticulous matte shampoo. As a matte finish should not need or want gloss, it should do the trick.

I still have so much other soap currently, that I can't justify experimenting with more for probably another 2 years. If you give it a try, let me know how it works out for you.