autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi TTRS received a heavy dose of hack work

I went up to a car show on another base to see what they had to offer. I do not go around to look for swirls, halos, or hack work. I repeat, I do not look for shoddy work as most people are just there showing their pride for others to see.

Upon walking up to this Gorgeous Audi TTRS to take a few pictures of another persons vision of what their car should look like, the sun peeked out from the clouds and lit up the paint on this poor car. At this point I could not help but take pictures as I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I have plenty more pictures to load and post from the show but I wanted to get these up before I go to bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My eyes are burning

-Jordan
    Jordan
    -2009 Ford Focus SES Sterling Grey Metallic Coupe
    -2002 CBR F4i Silver/Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not hack work that's murder can't you hear and see the screaming for help...its shame how people abuse paintworks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audi TTRS received a heavy dose of hack work

How does the owner not realize that lol. That is so terrible. I wouldn't even be able to drive it like that.

Post Thanks / Like

That really sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch. That's painful to look at

Post Thanks / Like

That is standard auto dealership "detail department" buffing. I've seen it first hand at one of the Mercedes Benz dealerships that I do wheel repair work for. Almost every car they have for sale on their pre-owned lot looks exactly like that. It's truly a shame to say the least, and it is all a result of the dealership wanting a service performed as cheaply as possible. The guys that I know at the Benz dealer I mentioned above that work in the detail department are all spanish and speak very little english. The "detail department" is actually a sub-contractor that the dealership uses, and that's how it is just about everywhere I go. They use cheap bulk chemicals because they do full details(wash exterior, clean wheels, buff exterior, clean interior, ect.) for $100. When you get into the world of used car recon work for automotive dealerships you see some real hack work. I question how they get away with it. The only thing I can think of is that most of the general population just doesn't know any better. I think most people notice it, but they don't actually know what it is to they assume it's normal. I actually watched a guy buff the hood on a black infiniti g37s. 5 dots of polish on an old stained greenish yellow pad and he proceeded to do the whole hood all in one shot. It went from fine to dry buffed disaster in about 2 minutes flat. Took everything I had to not say anything. What most dealership "detail" departments do is not detailing or anything even remotely close. It's washing a car on a level pretty similar to what a drive through car wash at a gas station would do. AND THESE GUYS ARE WORKING WITH $100,000.00+ CARS FROM TIME TO TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they rubbed sunblock on it to protect it. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    That is standard auto dealership "detail department" buffing. I've seen it first hand at one of the Mercedes Benz dealerships that I do wheel repair work for. Almost every car they have for sale on their pre-owned lot looks exactly like that. It's truly a shame to say the least, and it is all a result of the dealership wanting a service performed as cheaply as possible. The guys that I know at the Benz dealer I mentioned above that work in the detail department are all spanish and speak very little english. The "detail department" is actually a sub-contractor that the dealership uses, and that's how it is just about everywhere I go. They use cheap bulk chemicals because they do full details(wash exterior, clean wheels, buff exterior, clean interior, ect.) for $100. When you get into the world of used car recon work for automotive dealerships you see some real hack work. I question how they get away with it. The only thing I can think of is that most of the general population just doesn't know any better. I think most people notice it, but they don't actually know what it is to they assume it's normal. I actually watched a guy buff the hood on a black infiniti g37s. 5 dots of polish on an old stained greenish yellow pad and he proceeded to do the whole hood all in one shot. It went from fine to dry buffed disaster in about 2 minutes flat. Took everything I had to not say anything. What most dealership "detail" departments do is not detailing or anything even remotely close. It's washing a car on a level pretty similar to what a drive through car wash at a gas station would do. AND THESE GUYS ARE WORKING WITH $100,000.00+ CARS FROM TIME TO TIME!
    It does not matter if its 20,000 or 200,000 you should be maintaining it, (my opinion),However, they work they do is down right crap. Its killing their image with crap work
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    It does not matter if its 20,000 or 200,000 you should be maintaining it, (my opinion),However, they work they do is down right crap. Its killing their image with crap work
    You as in "the owner of the vehicle"? I agree, but most people don't care to do it themselves. The other day I saw a 2012 ML350 in for a service that looked like it hadn't been washed since it's last service 10,000 miles ago. I thought the front wheels were plasti-dipped black, but upon closer inspection it was just brake dust making them look matte black/brown. It never ceases to amaze me how poorly people treat cars that they pay so much for; and you really see it with mercedes because most of the people that own them (in my experience at least) can't afford them to begin with, and really can't afford to maintain them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast