autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Squeaky Clean + PBL Coating

My father in law asked me to clean the interior of his Impala which was awful after the winter. I wasn't about to give it back to him without touching the outside, but I had less than 3 hours left to do it. I think I set a record for myself...I used a white B/S pad + Flex 3401 + DG Squeaky Clean followed up by Pinnacle BL coating. This is without question the easiest coating I have applied so far although I still haven't received my DG coating to compare it to. Anyway, after 2 1/4 hours, I was done. No correction other than the rear tail lights and the a/m steps. Here are a few shots prior to the rain starting:

Just thought I'd share the afters. No before shots were taken as I wasn't planning on doing much to it and I couldn't be bothered to show the interior cleanup (I hate doing them, LOL).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Squeaky Clean + PBL Coating

That impala looks great I like the shine that was added too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    That impala looks great I like the shine that was added too
    You would not have believed how powerful the Squeaky Clean was at cleaning the paint. I had to clean the pad 4 times! It was disgusting!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!

I have been looking for a good paint cleaner with no fillers because for some reason my Taffeta White Honda loves to just get stained with dirt, which requires much more than just a wash (mainly ONR) to remove.

Do you use the cleaner as you would when compounding/polishing? Making multiple crosshatch passes? Or would you just make sure you hit every spot with the pad and cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnecniv View Post
    Looks good!

I have been looking for a good paint cleaner with no fillers because for some reason my Taffeta White Honda loves to just get stained with dirt, which requires much more than just a wash (mainly ONR) to remove.

Do you use the cleaner as you would when compounding/polishing? Making multiple crosshatch passes? Or would you just make sure you hit every spot with the pad and cleaner?
    I've used it by hand with a foam applicator after correction and polishing, to ensure 2 things: clean surface and true correction. However, in a case like this (and a Jeep Grand Cherokee I did 3 weeks ago) I just used it with my Flex 3401 and a buffing pad (white B/S) similar to a polish or compound. Now, having said that, this does NOT have as long a working time as those products do. So, what I did on this car was spread it out over the area and then front to back once and side to side once. Remove right away. Be amazed by what it did, LOL. Hope that helps.

Also, make sure you clean the pad often. I like the white pads for 2 reasons: right amount of cut AND you really see the dirt coming out of the paint and into the pad.