autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

Anybody use this yet? The description seems to be a pH neutral shampoo containing no gloss or wax enhancers, yet as tough on dirt as an alkaline APC.

It also isn't clear if you should use it if your car is not coated. Perhaps it is harsh enough to strip waxes and sealants since the name is Reset? Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

I am also curious about it. I just got a sample in to test but haven't had the time to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time seeing this product but from the description it seems as if its a maintenance wash type soap that wont harm your vehicle weather its coated or not neither do it has the ability to strip lsp as for the name I am thinking they choose such name cause they reset(changed) the car soap market by putting out a soap that works like a alkaline soap though its pH balanced basically this is a earth friendly soap

Post Thanks / Like

It's made to clean the surface, remove oils and grime stuck to the surface and reset that coating surface, returning performance.

Many shampoo's, the surfactants can be difficult to rinse, or stick to the coating making it hydrophillic making the user think the coating has stopped beading. This is often not the case, and washing with Reset will eliminate this with it's easy rinse surfactants and cleaners will keep your coatings (And even waxes!) free of gloss enhancers and low grade waxes found in wash and wax shampoos.

Per Carpro

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say that i can not use this shampoo for the washing of the car now i try it and get you feedback that how much helpful of this shampoo its price is also affordable.How much shampoo is used for wash one car?

Post Thanks / Like
    I find this quite amusing. I applied CQUK last October, ran my car through the local touchless car wash 2x a month, all winter long...and the coating still performs and looks like the week I applied it...and some of you are worried about high quality car washes hurting the coating?

Seriously...this is a very interesting marketing strategy...instead of saying nothing short of abrading the coating with an abrasive polish will remove it...to you need a special soap to preserve it! As a consumer, I'd likely buy the coating based on the first marketing strategy.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it since it came out as my only wash. Very economical as it is 500/1 dilution, works well in foam gun also. Not just marketing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I find this quite amusing. I applied CQUK last October, ran my car through the local touchless car wash 2x a month, all winter long...and the coating still performs and looks like the week I applied it...and some of you are worried about high quality car washes hurting the coating?

Seriously...this is a very interesting marketing strategy...instead of saying nothing short of abrading the coating with an abrasive polish will remove it...to you need a special soap to preserve it! As a consumer, I'd likely buy the coating based on the first marketing strategy.
    Reset Shampoo made for any car wash, not specially for our coatings, the only marketing idea behind it is to have pure strong car shampoo which actually clean very well car surface and not cover it with anything.
    you can use any shampoo you would like for coated cars but shampoos with wax/polymers/silicones/gloss enhancers can cover the coat and affect the performance you look for.
    HTH

Post Thanks / Like

I've also been using this lately... very pleased. It is incredibly slick and does rinse away quickly and easily.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I don't see anywhere where it was stated that this shampoo was "needed to preserve your paint coating". As Avi said, many shampoos contain gloss enhancers or wax. While these may be desired by some people, they serve absolutely no purpose on a coated vehicle as the wax found in the shampoo may actually cover up the properties of the coating. A shampoo that rinses away cleanly without leaving behind any other ingredients is a great choice for coating users or even someone with traditional wax that does not want to alter the properties of their LSP with whatever the shampoo is leaving behind.

Doesn't sound like marketing hype to me... sounds like good common sense

Retired Professional Detailer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast