autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: DIY Pad Washer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY Pad Washer

Quote Originally Posted by kfainf View Post
    Thanks to the OP and everyone else for posting and contributing to this thread. I made my DIY Pad Washer this weekend and can't wait to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfainf View Post
    Added the Grit Guard Extension to this project. It will get a thorough testing this week end.
    Nice job man, glad you got it together! How did it work for you? Did you call GritGuard to get the insert?

Edit: Nice splash guard!
    Last edited by BlueBeast14GT; 07-29-2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to compliment the splash guard

Post Thanks / Like

I put mine together today using the plugs for the spring supports that Two3zz used. I need to pick up a gamma lid and some hardware to attempt making my lid like his. What is the best tool to cut plastic without it looking like junk?
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    Nice job man, glad you got it together! How did it work for you? Did you call GritGuard to get the insert?

Edit: Nice splash guard!
    The unit works well. I copied the original PVC parts from your opening posts. I could not find the plugs that Two3zz used for the spring supports. I dropped 3/8" stainless washers into the CPVC adapters to support the springs. They work perfectly. I e-mailed Grit Guard to order the Grit Guard Extension. I ordered two at $4.95 each plus about $3.00 shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA View Post
    I put mine together today using the plugs for the spring supports that Two3zz used. I need to pick up a gamma lid and some hardware to attempt making my lid like his. What is the best tool to cut plastic without it looking like junk?
    I cut my lids with a Dremel tool using a rotary cutting bit and a Dremel circle cutter. It worked pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply. Also, could you take a measurement from the grit guard to the top of the bucket? Mine seems a little more recessed than I think I would like it. I cut everything exactly as described. Maybe it is where it should be. I tested it with my PC and it looks like it will work but you definitely can't push down very far before the PC hits the side of the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Also, could you take a measurement from the grit guard to the top of the bucket? Mine seems a little more recessed than I think I would like it. I cut everything exactly as described. Maybe it is where it should be. I tested it with my PC and it looks like it will work but you definitely can't push down very far before the PC hits the side of the bucket.
    The grit guard sits right at 2 & 7/16 inches from the top of my bucket. This is with the gamma lid outer ring snapped on the bucket. I would think the gamma lid ads no more than 1/8 inch height to the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is 2 3/4 inch from the top so I guess mine isn't too far off from yours. Maybe I beat the PVC together harder.

Post Thanks / Like

What is actually doing the cleaning of the pads? Is it just the action of the buffer itself on contact with the grit guard?

So, the plumbing just wets the pad and the grit guard "scrubs" it?

Is the plumbing doing any cleaning itself or is its function to simply wet the pad? Thanks- these are cool!

Post Thanks / Like

So, the plumbing just wets the pad and the grit guard "scrubs" it? - Yes

The plumbings function is to simply wet the pad when you push downward. You should only have to push down a time or two to get the pad "Damp". The more water, the longer the dry time.
    DMac

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    That's awesome!
    I was like "post #9? What?" I saw the soap tray, then the 9 in the corner, "ohhhhh!" lol
    Thank you! I'll definitely be trying this out.

By the way, cshamilton, this is the one I was telling you about ^
    Sure, it has been a few years but when I click the link I get a black autogeekonline.net page Any newer links available? Thanks much.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast