autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Longevity of Klasse

Back in early November I prepped my wife's car for the winter by claying and using Klasse AIO and the used Poorboy's Natty Red. When I washed it today there was no beading. Is it normal for this combo to last less than 5 months? I was under the impression that it would last quite a bit longer. On the flip side I used Mother's Reflections car wax and I still get a lot of beading. Thanks guy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longevity of Klasse

This should be a Poorboys question. I'd like to hear the thoughts on this combo too.I always use AIO with SG. It's held up great this winter in NE Ohio. I've never used anything else over AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

the look was fantastic very wet looking beaded up nicely when it was freshly put on. Maybe I'll try topping it with SG next fall

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with KAIO then SG. The only thing I put over it is an acrylic detailer. I did my wife's car last fall and it looks as good or better today. It's been through rain, snow along with sand/salt mixtures, waterless washes, rinseless washes, 2 bucket washes. Still looking good. I guess it got some polymer boost in the waterless and rinseless washes. If it were here right now I'd take a pic for you. I was asked last week if we got a new car. Very smooth and slick feeling each time I grab the door handle. Did you clay your car prior to Klasse? I'd seriously think about using SG 12 hours after KAIO. Regular washes then spritz it with a detailer for a lubricant while drying and you should be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO is not very durable by itself, but when SG is applied it becomes a very durable 1-2 punch. You can then top with any wax or spray (think Sonus Acrylic Spritz)

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Klasse AIO is not very durable by itself, but when SG is applied it becomes a very durable 1-2 punch. You can then top with any wax or spray (think Sonus Acrylic Spritz)
    Very true. My car has the classes twins that I put on it back in September and it's still going strong. I have 2 coats of ksg and maintain with Sony's acrylic spritz and glanz.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Klasse twins, I applied them to my wife's car about 1 month ago and the car looks as good today as it did then. I have only washed it once since then and the dirt just slid right off the car. Her car sits outside and has been rained on multiple times and still shines like it was just washed. I used the AIO on the windows too and she doesn't even bother with wipers, the water just runs off the windows. The Klasse twins are top notch as far as I am concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jetta3guy8913 View Post
    Back in early November I prepped my wife's car for the winter by claying and using Klasse AIO and the used Poorboy's Natty Red. When I washed it today there was no beading. Is it normal for this combo to last less than 5 months? I was under the impression that it would last quite a bit longer. On the flip side I used Mother's Reflections car wax and I still get a lot of beading. Thanks guy
    I would agree with Tommy, that this is more of a Poorboys issue. That wax probably doesn't last that long in harsh winter conditions and it may not be designed for it.

Honestly, I've never thought of using the AIO as a stand alone product or used it as a protective barrier. I've never been convinced it would hold up very long and therefore use it as a surface prep for something durable/long lasting like SG or Collinite 845.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse twins lasted 9 months on a vehicle that was outside 24/7.

1 coat of AIO and 3 coats of SG.

Post Thanks / Like

come fall I'll have to try the twins to last the winter. I enjoy waxing to much in the summer to put them on now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast