autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

rupes 12e vs 15es

They are about the same price.

The 15es has 3mm more throw, not sure if that really makes a noticeable difference or not.

The 15es has 100 more watts too. Also not sure if that would make much of a difference.

The 12e looks easier to handle for a non-professional due to its form factor and size. It might be more versatile for this reason, but the backing plates are both 5 inches.

Maybe it just comes down to which form factor you prefer? Maybe the 15es would cut just a little faster, but are we talking just minutes? That would matter to a pro, but probably not a hobbyist.

I'm thinking about getting the 75E Mini, I'm a little torn between the 15es and 12e. The 21es's throw is a bit much for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes 12e vs 15es

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    They are about the same price.

The 15es has 3mm more throw, not sure if that really makes a noticeable difference or not.

The 15es has 100 more watts too. Also not sure if that would make much of a difference.

The 12e looks easier to handle for a non-professional due to its form factor and size. It might be more versatile for this reason, but the backing plates are both 5 inches.

Maybe it just comes down to which form factor you prefer? Maybe the 15es would cut just a little faster, but are we talking just minutes? That would matter to a pro, but probably not a hobbyist.

I'm thinking about getting the 75E Mini, I'm a little torn between the 15es and 12e. The 21es's throw is a bit much for me.
    Get all of them and let us know which one you like best.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at their peformance in u tube..

Post Thanks / Like

rupes 12e vs 15es

People seem to think the Duetto's body style is a benefit because its like a PC. But, I see it the other way. The long body of the 15/21 is great for polishing wide hoods and roofs - because of the long reach. The little extra throw means even less downward pressure is needed to gain decent correction.

If your worried about ease of use - nothing is easier than the 15. If you have 1 working hand and arm you can use the 15. I'm sure the Duetto is easy as well, I just can't see what benefit it offers. The extra throw and the body if the 15 makes it an easy choice for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: rupes 12e vs 15es

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    People seem to think the Duetto's body style is a benefit because its like a PC. But, I see it the other way. The long body of the 15/21 is great for polishing wide hoods and roofs - because of the long reach. The little extra throw means even less downward pressure is needed to gain decent correction.

If your worried about ease of use - nothing is easier than the 15. If you have 1 working hand and arm you can use the 15. I'm sure the Duetto is easy as well, I just can't see what benefit it offers.
    Swanic, thanks for the post. I've been considering picking up one of the two to feed my detailing compulsion to buy things I want but don't really need. Your input is helpful.

Punx not dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The 15ES and the Duetto are almost identical in ability. The Duetto makes up for its shorter throw by spinning much faster. The Duetto was really designed to be used as a wet sander and a polisher, and it does both very well. If you're going to use it as a wet sander don't blink your eyes...its cuts fast fast fast.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

If your worried about ease of use - nothing is easier than the 15. If you have 1 working hand and arm you can use the 15. I'm sure the Duetto is easy as well, I just can't see what benefit it offers. The extra throw and the body if the 15 makes it an easy choice for me.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys!

Good to know they are about the same in ability.

I definitely associated the body style and size of the PC with easier to handle, but it sounds like the 15es isn't any harder to handle, and since I'm somewhat short for a guy (5'7), the longer body of the 15es will be helpful.

If I was just getting one, I think I might just get the 12e, but since I'm getting the mini, it seems like the 15es would be a better fit in combination with the mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but I thought most of the people expressing a preference for the duetto over the 15 or 21 were saying it was because of familiarity of use rather than ease of use. If you've not had years of experience with the Porter Cable 7424 type of body style, that won't enter into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought most of the people expressing a preference for the duetto over the 15 or 21 were saying it was because of familiarity of use rather than ease of use. If you've not had years of experience with the Porter Cable 7424 type of body style, that won't enter into it.
    I cut my teeth on PCs and a GG6. It took me 5 or 6 seconds to get comfortable with the 15. Literally, it just takes seconds. No more DA buzz or shake. No more wrist numbing downward pressure.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast