autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Wash Thoughts -- Feedback Wanted

Hello everyone! I just finished doing a rinseless wash and would like to share my thoughts on something..

I do not know if this is common practice but I don't believe I have seen anyone else posting about this. I am not trying to Gary Dean this and say I have a new and improved method, I am simply sharing what I have found to work quite nicely. And for all I know, there might be hundreds of posts about rinseless washes where others do the same thing (probably so).

What do you guys do with the leftover product? I hated dumping it out as I saw this as a waste of money. So, I get a coffee filter and a funnel and fill up a 32 oz spray bottle. The next time I do a rinseless I fill up my bucket with the wash and towels as usual, but I spray a generous amount of my old rinseless wash that was saved from previous time. This helps lubricate the car IMHO...

So I spray a pretty decent amount of the old wash onto the surface, then reach for my towel which is being soaked in the new wash solution and then go to town. I make sure I spray nearly all 32 oz on the car so I can refill it when I am finished.

Again, not revolutionary by any means... Just looking for some feedback. Good idea/bad idea/waste of time?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Wash Thoughts -- Feedback Wanted

I cover the left over and use it the next time...its perfectly clean for me, as nothing dirty ever gets in there. I may add new product to it, it just depends on how much was left over. Using it as a pre spray is a great idea as well, currently I use Pinnacle waterless wash as my pre spray, I think it adds extra lubricity (might be overkill, or using a product incorrectly, but it works good for me, and i enjoy the different aromas)

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same but I use one of those fertilizer pump sprayers and pre soak with that. Then I add the leftover to that jug for next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use rinseless from a 5 gal bucket with the screw top, forgot name. Gamma or something. Use one bucket method with MF towels. If unused solution remains, screw on the lid and use it next wash or for midweek touch ups.
    I wouldn't do this if I was using one mitt and reintroducing it into the solution, even if a rinse bucket is used (2BM). Dump out the leftover in that situation. Rinseless concentrates aren't that expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 gallons of water and 2oz of ONR. When I am finished I just toss out the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm a (D) All of the above, depending on conditions.
    If the car I've done wasn't really dirty, I may just snap a lid on my bucket and use it again. In most situations, I'll let the bucket sit a few days, then scoop out a half gallon or so, not disturbing the dirty water under the grit guard and filter it into my presoak sprayer. If the solution is very dirty, or in winter when salt is involved, any remainder goes down the drain.
    Chris@Optimum, the ONR guru, uses another method worth considering. He mixes up a big bucket, then just pours enough for one car into a smaller bucket and disposes it.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I use it to do my engine detail.
    Then dump it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Ultima Waterless in a 2 gallon garden pump sprayer to pre-soak before any wash, traditional or rinseless. Any kind of pre-soak will do good things. At $3.50 a gallon, UWW+ is a cheap and great way to go.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I mainly do this because I feel that it helps provide lubrication.. I don't do it to save money but to hopefully save some potential marring.

I've seen videos where people will splash the wash from their bucket onto the towel and I just thought wouldn't spraying some on car and towel be easier?? Again, thanks for feedback!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My Duragloss goes sour if I try and store it with a top on it for a couple of weeks. Never occurred to me to use the left-overs for the spritzer detailer part of the job. Right now I am using some left-over Turtle Wax No-rinse (perfectly good no-rinse in its own right) mixed 8 x strength as the spritzer. I figure using one brand in the spritzer and another in the bucket is a good practice, all things being equal. What the one doesn't get the other will I figure. Turtle Wax seems to be disappearing from the shelf around here so that will be harder. I'm not one to pay big shipping fees for this stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast