autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!

So this past fall I got married and we started our honeymoon in Nashville. We got down there around dinner time Sunday and I was hungry and only wanted one thing....BBQ! I googled local places and found Bailey and Cato, about 6 miles from our hotel. The reviews said stuff like "bad neighborhood" but good food and another one said old but clean place but went there for the food and weren't dissapointed....EITHER WAS I!

Check this place out:

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443451487-jpg   Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443488777-jpg   Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443532047-jpg   Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443565187-jpg   Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443604832-jpg   Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!-uploadfromtaptalk1386443652927-jpg  
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't wanna take a pic of the inside because I didn't wanna look "too much" like a tourist, even though my wife and I were the ones with the accent down there, LOL! I got catfish, mac-n-cheese, cornbread and pop out of the cooler. Having in seved on styrofoam completed the deal! I've been looking for a place like this forever and it was soooo worth it! The food was incredible and service with a smile, can't beat that and oh yeah, spent well under $25.00 too. Oh yeah the inside, old and clean and had 3 tables and a long counter, that's it!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!

Very cool! Nothing can beat those kinds of places! (I was in Memphis and found a place almost like that.) Excellent food!

I'm hungry now!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Very cool! Nothing can beat those kinds of places! (I was in Memphis and found a place almost like that.) Excellent food!

I'm hungry now!
    Memphis is on my list for sure, Rendezous and Interstate BBQ, one is actually across the state line in Mississippi and my buddy down there said that's the one to go to. These places are "known" but that's ok, gotta check em' out!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to NASHVILLE, live near NASHVILLE or passing through NASHVILLE and like BBQ, read this!

I'll be sure and check it out next time I'm in the area.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I got catfish, mac-n-cheese, cornbread and pop out of the cooler. Having in seved on styrofoam completed the deal!
    Klasse you went to a barbeque place and got Catfish? That is like going to Red Lobster and ordering chicken. You should have got Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Sausage. I can't recall seeing Catfish in a barbeque place in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
    Klasse you went to a barbeque place and got Catfish? That is like going to Red Lobster and ordering chicken. You should have got Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Sausage. I can't recall seeing Catfish in a barbeque place in Texas.
    I hear yah and I thought I'd be going back before we left but sorry to say I didn't. Keep in mind this is a soulfood AND BBQ place. You could taste the love in the food, nothing beats a homemade meal! I hope to get to Texas sometime and try some BBQ there for sure, brisket inparticular as its what they're famous for.

We've got AWESOME BBQ places here in Chicago too, Smoque BBQ is one (check out YouTube, Smoque was on season #1 of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives) and I've been there 40x's since January of 2008 and another is Real Urban BBQ in Highland Park and Vernon Hills Illinois, simply the best, hands down! The owner of Smoque went around the country and brought the best to Chicago and I can only assume they did the same at Real Urban BBQ. So, if your in Chicago, I've given you a couple places to try as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You got "pop out of the cooler"?
    You really aren't from around there!

That far south, its all coke. Regardless of the brand, it's coke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanHobby View Post
    You got "pop out of the cooler"?
    You really aren't from around there!

That far south, its all coke. Regardless of the brand, it's coke.
    The term "pop" is a Detroit/Chicago thing and yeah, Coke seems to be what cola is called, whether its Pepsi or RC even. Seems Pepsi isn't a sothern thing anyways, Coke rules down there and that's just fine with me!

I grew up in the D, south of 8 mile...barely!

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the BBQ pic?
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast