autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I do know of a test between c quartz finest and modesta, modesta did not fair well in several tests.
    I just think the price per car makes it unreasonable
    The gentleman I talked to in Florida also told me the prep polish actually decreased durability?

Mike, Can you PM me some of your links and info. I have been interested in Modesta but the cost is high IMO. I am a user and love CQ.

Also I agree with some statements I have read previously. There is a big difference between 3 &10 years as far as durability. I would really like to see some real life durability and testing before jumping in. Heck it took me 2+ years before I started with OC because I was skeptical.

Post Thanks / Like

The gentleman I talked to in Florida also told me the prep polish actually decreased durability?
    Whose prep polish, Modesta or another brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like hype. One guy is saying it's not as chemical resistant as CQF, another guy is saying they heard it needs to be SANDED off. It's probably just another ceramic type coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Sounds like hype.

One guy is saying it's not as chemical resistant as CQF,
    another guy is saying they heard it needs to be SANDED off.

It's probably just another ceramic type coating.
    ^^^^^^

For those that prefer either sheeting, beading {or both (?)}:
    It be pretty neat, though, if the following Modesta products lived up to their marketing...

-Pure Hydrophillic glass coat
    -Advanced Hydrophobic glass coat

I noticed that:
    They both have their own separate, yet complimentary: Hydrophillic/Hydrophobic Shampoos.
    (à la Pinnacle Black Label)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Got some samples today... will post my thoughts whenever I have a chance to try them out

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    ^^^^^^

For those that prefer either sheeting, beading {or both (?)}:
    It be pretty neat, though, if the following Modesta products lived up to their marketing...

-Pure Hydrophillic glass coat
    -Advanced Hydrophobic glass coat

I noticed that:
    They both have their own separate, yet complimentary: Hydrophillic/Hydrophobic Shampoos.
    (à la Pinnacle Black Label)

Bob
    I was reading a thread, elsewhere, about hydrophilic/hydrophobic and the over riding message is that this particular industry does not understand the terms. I will be honest that I have not yet encountered a hydrophillic product with any durability. I am unsure one exists, each time someone talks about one they talk about water sheeting off. It runs off in one big sheet and leaves the paint dry. Alas that confirms it is not hydrophillic - yes, water would form a sheet, but it would stick. Much of it would run off down to gravity but you would be left with a thin film of water which would not run away, it would actually dry/evaporate. The closest thing I encounter to this is a really dirty vehicle - no beading, water sticks to it and dries off uniformly. This is why dirty vehicles seem to dry much more rapidly after a rain shower. I have never encountered discussion like this which further convinces me.

Will be interested to hear how people get on with these - contradicting the above, I do know that there are industrial coatings from one of my primaries which sounds a lot like what I read from modesta. If they actually do come from this source, I would be inclined to believe what is claimed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post

Got some samples today... will post my thoughts whenever I have a chance to try them out
    Nice! Keep us posted! Should be interesting too see a review using it first hand.
    89' BMW 325i w/ s52
    07' Toyota Tacoma "Taco"

Post Thanks / Like

I had to google it but opti-coat is a 9H hardness rating which, as far as i gathered from my little google search, is just a scratch resistance rating. So as far as chemicals who knows could be a good comparison between this and opti-coat in that department as well.
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    "Every expert was once a beginner"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Hey Gents,

My name is Jonathan i am new to this forum, but a veteran on a few others (6speed - Bimmer post - RDF - Helifreak).

I was looking at Modesta Aftercare and came across your thread on the product. I found out about it from a member in my M5 forum whom had his M5 detail by Paul in the UK using Modesta. I did not know who Pual was nor anything about Modesta but his review was awesome. I did a lot of research and decided i would get my new M5 coated with it. I called up my normal Opti coat installer John Gray from Gulf Coast Auto Shield and asked if he would be willing to give it a go on my new car.

He spent 20hrs of work over two 2 days prepping and applying the primer, BC-5, and M1 shot. I have Opti on my other cars so i can compare to Modesta. He also removed the wheels, coated the glass, Calipers, tail pipes and head lights with Opti products.

I was only with the car three days after the coating was applied and then had to leave for work. I won't be back for another two weeks but I am looking forward to see how its has fully curried. They say it take about two week and the gloss enhances as it cure.

My initial review it that the product is AWSOME. Very different from Opti. The FEEL was my first noticed change. At one point John told me I had to stop touching it! You can really feel the coating it feels thick, slick and almost plastic like the new iPad air screen. The gloss is also unreal. It was more than opti.

The day after the coating was installed i headed to a local motor shop to get some work done and the car got rained on. When i pulled in to the shops garage the car was 98% dry. The only water left on it was on the rocker panels. I was impressed. So far i give it a thumbs up and a big thanks to John!!

(Note this is my first glass coat) Lets hope it lasts.

Looking forward to see what others think of the product and learn about proper aftercare. Feedback please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Modesta Glass Coatings-img_0296-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-img_0282-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-img_0281-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3430_2-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3429-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3427-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3425-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3422-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3421-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3413-jpg  

Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3406-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3404-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3402-jpg   Modesta Glass Coatings-dsc_3401-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Your Beast is looking good.
    Please post updates periodically on how the Modesta is doing
    Authorized Optimum Opti-Coat Pro Installer
    Portland, OR
    www.FirstCityAutoSpa.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast