autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Thick is Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    "If you do not use Surface Cleansing Polish before applying one of the Diamond coatings, the result will be complete failure of the coating."

This has me wondering. To me this sounds like you have to buy this product, or have this product to even put on the Diamond Coating. What is in this that make it a must buy for the coating.

I would think a IPA wipe down, to make sure the surface is absolutely clear of any residue, would do the trick so the coatings can bond with the CC. Numerous other products have this same type of warning, or product to match the coatings. GTechniq is one for sure.

Why would I need to use a product to clean and remove any debris when I just did a claying then Two- Step correction and a IPA wipe down??? There is no need to clean it and definitely no debris to pull out. Unless there is something specific to the Diamond line in the product. That is the unknown, but I wish someone would tell us so we don't have to make a 50$ purchase to test and find out.

Just some thoughts on this
    Seems logical that the same methodology in place for say cQuartz would surely work for BL, you'd think. Heck, it even works with Eraser! And yes yes yes yes I've seen plenty of threads discussing Eraser not being 'totally clean', but you get my drift here.

Myself, and plenty of others have been mixing Eraser and IPA forever without any bad results coming from it. Of course ymmv.

Of course from the AG end of things they are going to say use this with this with this and of course this. What is they say..... synergy. It'll surely synergize your wallet getting every little bottle along the way.

FWIW I have the new coating on the right side of my wife's Denali both with and without the cream, so guess we'll find out in a few months. Surely didn't hurt the deep gloss I can tell you that!

I can say that I applied it, (the cream) by hand with a yellow foam throwaway applicator (and was worried about scratching from the foam itself). Takes literally drops per panel and it made things seriously squeaky clean!

Were they cleaner than with Eraser/IPA? Dunno' as one was wiped with a MF towel, the other with the little foam applicator. Maybe put the Eraser/IPA on with the foam applicator next time and see if it gives that 'squeaky' feeling. Again....

If I can ever get a resolution on this disc in my back, to the point where I can do the left side then I'll do some more experimentation. For now, I can't even go down the two steps to the freaking garage! Until then I may just leave the left side with a coating of WG or BF WOWA. It's that or get my kid to do it. Like THAT will happen!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really curious about:

What's the rhyme and reason for folks actually PM'ing Nick@AGO to inquire about
    the thickness of Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish in the first place?

......Bob......
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Seems logical that the same methodology in place for say cQuartz would surely work for BL, you'd think. Heck, it even works with Eraser! And yes yes yes yes I've seen plenty of threads discussing Eraser not being 'totally clean', but you get my drift here.

Myself, and plenty of others have been mixing Eraser and IPA forever without any bad results coming from it. Of course ymmv.

Of course from the AG end of things they are going to say use this with this with this and of course this. What is they say..... synergy. It'll surely synergize your wallet getting every little bottle along the way.

FWIW I have the new coating on the right side of my wife's Denali both with and without the cream, so guess we'll find out in a few months. Surely didn't hurt the deep gloss I can tell you that!

I can say that I applied it, (the cream) by hand with a yellow foam throwaway applicator (and was worried about scratching from the foam itself). Takes literally drops per panel and it made things seriously squeaky clean!

Were they cleaner than with Eraser/IPA? Dunno' as one was wiped with a MF towel, the other with the little foam applicator. Maybe put the Eraser/IPA on with the foam applicator next time and see if it gives that 'squeaky' feeling. Again....

If I can ever get a resolution on this disc in my back, to the point where I can do the left side then I'll do some more experimentation. For now, I can't even go down the two steps to the freaking garage! Until then I may just leave the left side with a coating of WG or BF WOWA. It's that or get my kid to do it. Like THAT will happen!
    Thanks Cardaddy,
    That is exactly what my thoughts are. However Nick's info was good also. Really, if you are getting the 129$ Coatings, not that big of a deal to grab the Cream. That would ensure and since another member posted that plenty of vehicles can be done by one bottle, why not get it. Makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I'm really curious about:

What's the rhyme and reason for folks actually PM'ing Nick@AGO to inquire about
    the thickness of Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish in the first place?

......Bob......
    Probably because the polish can separate and come out like a liquid if the emulsion breaks. I had a problem with this happening after the bottle getting to hot in the garage the best I can tell. Not good, the solids turned into "powdery balls" and put some micro swirls in my paint.

I did a panel wipe with the n914 at 8 to 1 instead. I can testify it didn't work as good as the surface cleansing polish. I gotta get another bottle and keep it inside this time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12